Today’s guest works with organizations to design relationship marketing strategies that are measurable and implementable.
He is a technology trends expert who uses his passion for technology, sense of history, and business strategies to help organizations use remote video and streaming technologies to build marketing that achieves business goals. He is a communicator who shares his knowledge as a speaker, virtual presenter, interviewer, author, and coach.
Since 1983 he has been a marketing and communication advisor. He earned his Certified Speaking Professional designation and is a member of the Speaker Hall of Fame. He also received the National Speakers Association's highest award, The Cavett—given to only one recipient per year.
Please join me in welcoming Terry Brock.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- his thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is bringing out the best in the people around you. It’s inspiring them to be the best that they are willing to be.”
- when he learned to focus on other people’s goals and how he could play a role in their achievement of those goals.
- his inquisitive nature and how that serves him now, even though it may have annoyed his parents in his childhood.
- the many things he wanted to be when he grew up.
- what prompted him to get his MBA while he was working in a radio station.
- how he navigates technological advances and where he thinks the speaking industry will be very soon.
- how he secured a computer lab before he had a computer and taught himself how to use spreadsheets and later leveraging them to work with real estate professionals.
- the years he spent being mistaken as a CPA.
- his early speaking engagements and how that fueled his desire to be an entrepreneur.
- how he joined the NSA and what sparked him to immediately volunteer to make the organization better.
- how he started Stark Raving Entrepreneurs.
- the three words he uses to make decisions.
- how he shifted his audience and transitioned to entrepreneurship.
- his tools to nurture his network.
- Terry’s Costco approach to marketing.
- What he’s looking forward to in the year ahead.
- Listen to my episode with Blake Fly.
- Learn more about the National Speakers Association.
- Learn more about Jim Cathcart.
Subscribing (or following) and leaving a rating and review wherever you are listening helps this podcast be discovered.
Who is Robbie Samuels?
🟧 I'm a multi-passionate entrepreneur. I geek out about community-building, relationship-building, thoughtfully designing space for a conversation, and anything about bringing people together to create connections. I believe quality engagement is about inclusion and belonging.
Depending on what caught your eye about my work, you may be surprised to discover that I do more than you were initially interested in.
What do I do?
🟧 As a business growth strategist, I coach entrepreneurial women in their 50s and beyond who are looking to grow their impact and income through new revenue streams by helping them grow their audience before they launch their product or service.
🟧 As a virtual event design consultant and executive Zoom producer, I help my clients reimagine their in-person events by utilizing all of the opportunities available through digital and analog tools. Rather than replicating the in-person event, we create a powerful virtual experience.
🟧 Before the pandemic, and again as in-person events return, I support organizations designing conferences that create opportunities for participant engagement so they can follow through on their networking intentions.
I've been producing events in one form or another since I was in college in the 90s and providing business growth strategy advice for nearly as long.
⭐ I published two books that have collectively received over 400 Amazon reviews, a third is on the way (join the book launch team!),
⭐ I was invited to do a TEDx on my signature networking technique,
⭐ I have hosted a podcast since 2016,
⭐ when the pandemic shuttered in-person events, I swiftly reinvented myself resulting in a successful multi-six-figure business, and
⭐ my clients include Feeding America, the California WIC Association, and other national and statewide mission-driven organizations.
How can I help you?
Here are some of the ways my clients describe me…
✅ business growth strategy coach
✅ virtual event design consultant & strategist
✅ executive Zoom producer
✅ professional speaker
✅ emcee (virtual and in-person)
✅ podcast host
✅ virtual presentation skills trainer
and I'm likely leaving something out…
Read my back story at www.robbiesamuels.com/about
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to my website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive – weekly since July 2016!
SIGN UP for my free monthly #NoMoreBadZoom Virtual Happy Hours – www.NoMoreBadZoom.com
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.