Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 42:27 — 58.3MB)
Today’s guest helps launch new companies, create new brands, and refresh existing identities by bringing strategic expertise to design and marketing.
Her studio, Agency Bel, helps companies launch and grow by creating their identities, from strategy to logos, websites, and social media.
She is known for coining the concept of Conscious Branding, helping her clients succeed by focusing on being responsive and responsible to their customers and communities. She has worked with both Fortune 50 companies and startups.
She served 10 years on the Boston Board of Directors of AIGA, a professional design organization. And currently serves as the executive officer of the board for the New Art Center and as the marketing chair for a national health advocacy organization.
Please join me in welcoming Laura Sauter.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Her thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is really plugging in. It’s wanting to be at the source of the action. It’s a connection between playing (engaging) and moving things forward.
- Why she feels comfortable being part of the group that moves things along.
- The influence her mom had on her upbringing as a single mom and head of household.
- How she landed a prestigious internship right out of high school and how it prepared her for new opportunities across the world.
- How she wasn’t discouraged by the stack of “no, thank you’s” she received very early in her career.
- The importance of doing internships in different places and how learning and experiencing different areas and cultures can be so enriching.
- How her 6th grade English teacher opened her eyes to advertising.
- Finding her “home” in advertising in high school and making commercials.
- Her first job working with Town & Country in an advertising world that had only just begun to transition to computers when she had graduated college.
- The roots of her entrepreneurship journey.
- How she found her first clients through the people she already knew in Boston.
- Why she has chosen to focus on clients who are from health and home.
- How she nurtures and sustains the outer layers of her network.
- Why she feels that professional and personal development are so important.
- Her nimbleness moving through the world.
- What she’s looking forward to.
- Laura Sauter on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Subscribing (or following) and leaving a rating and review wherever you are listening helps this podcast be discovered.
Who is Robbie Samuels?
🟧 I'm a multi-passionate entrepreneur. I geek out about community-building, relationship-building, thoughtfully designing space for a conversation, and anything about bringing people together to create connections. I believe quality engagement is about inclusion and belonging.
Depending on what caught your eye about my work, you may be surprised to discover that I do more than you were initially interested in.
What do I do?
🟧 As a business growth strategist, I coach entrepreneurial women in their 50s and beyond who are looking to grow their impact and income through new revenue streams by helping them grow their audience before they launch their product or service.
🟧 As a virtual event design consultant and executive Zoom producer, I help my clients reimagine their in-person events by utilizing all of the opportunities available through digital and analog tools. Rather than replicating the in-person event, we create a powerful virtual experience.
🟧 Before the pandemic, and again as in-person events return, I support organizations designing conferences that create opportunities for participant engagement so they can follow through on their networking intentions.
I've been producing events in one form or another since I was in college in the 90s and providing business growth strategy advice for nearly as long.
⭐ I published two books that have collectively received over 400 Amazon reviews,
⭐ I was invited to do a TEDx on my signature networking technique,
⭐ I have hosted a podcast since 2016,
⭐ when the pandemic shuttered in-person events, I swiftly reinvented myself resulting in a successful multi-six-figure business, and
⭐ my clients include Feeding America, the California WIC Association, and other national and statewide mission-driven organizations.
How can I help you?
Here are some of the ways my clients describe me…
✅ business growth strategy coach
✅ virtual event design consultant & strategist
✅ executive Zoom producer
✅ professional speaker
✅ emcee (virtual and in-person)
✅ podcast host
✅ virtual presentation skills trainer
and I'm likely leaving something out…
Read my back story at www.robbiesamuels.com/about
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to my website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive – weekly since July 2016!
SIGN UP for my free monthly #NoMoreBadZoom Virtual Happy Hours – www.NoMoreBadZoom.com
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.