Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 51:53 — 71.3MB)
Today’s guest is known as the LinkedIn Whisperer.
An experienced sales trainer, she has extensive knowledge of traditional sales techniques and has adapted them for LinkedIn. As CEO of Social Sales Link, she guides professionals to establish themselves as a thought leader with a subject matter expert brand. She helps them find and engage their target market by leveraging clients and networking partners for warm introductions to qualified buyers.
She is the co-host of the Making Sales Social podcast and author of “The LinkedIn Sales Playbook: A Tactical Guide to Social Selling.”
Please join me in welcoming Brynne Tillman.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is leading a group of people from a business perspective, a family perspective, etc.”
- She selected to go into training because she didn’t want to be a leader.
- All of the things she wanted to be when she grew up. “Who wouldn’t want to be a dolphin trainer?”
- Why she enjoys running her business by allowing someone else to run it for her.
- When she officially became a salesperson.
- Her desire to be valuable and helps others rather than make sales.
- The difference between actual social selling and ‘connect and spam’ selling.
- Her start in banking and how that led to launching a training company.
- How one can feel entrepreneurial while working in sales.
- How she landed a contract with Aramark by using a shared connection on LinkedIn, by leveraging the same tool she wanted to teach them. That led to being introduced to someone at Comcast, who also became a client.
- Her definition of social selling.
- QUICK TIP! 85% of your LinkedIn connections are weak ties.
- How she nurtures and sustains her network, including the weaker ties and connections.
- What she’s looking forward to in the year ahead.
- Brynne Tillman on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- The Making Sales Social podcast
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “The LinkedIn Sales Playbook: A Tactical Guide to Social Selling” by Brynne Tillman
- Listen to my episode with Jennifer Brown.
- Listen to Brynne’s debate with Jeff Blunt over Social Selling.
- Read 9 Ways to Network in a Pandemic.
- Sign up for #NoMoreBadZoom Virtual Happy Hour.
Subscribing (or following) and leaving a rating and review wherever you are listening helps this podcast be discovered.
Who is Robbie Samuels?
🟧 I'm a multi-passionate entrepreneur. I geek out about community-building, relationship-building, thoughtfully designing space for a conversation, and anything about bringing people together to create connections. I believe quality engagement is about inclusion and belonging.
Depending on what caught your eye about my work, you may be surprised to discover that I do more than you were initially interested in.
What do I do?
🟧 As a business growth strategist, I coach entrepreneurial women in their 50s and beyond who are looking to grow their impact and income through new revenue streams by helping them grow their audience before they launch their product or service.
🟧 As a virtual event design consultant and executive Zoom producer, I help my clients reimagine their in-person events by utilizing all of the opportunities available through digital and analog tools. Rather than replicating the in-person event, we create a powerful virtual experience.
🟧 Before the pandemic, and again as in-person events return, I support organizations designing conferences that create opportunities for participant engagement so they can follow through on their networking intentions.
I've been producing events in one form or another since I was in college in the 90s and providing business growth strategy advice for nearly as long.
⭐ I published two books that have collectively received over 400 Amazon reviews,
⭐ I was invited to do a TEDx on my signature networking technique,
⭐ I have hosted a podcast since 2016,
⭐ when the pandemic shuttered in-person events, I swiftly reinvented myself resulting in a successful multi-six-figure business, and
⭐ my clients include Feeding America, the California WIC Association, and other national and statewide mission-driven organizations.
How can I help you?
Here are some of the ways my clients describe me…
✅ business growth strategy coach
✅ virtual event design consultant & strategist
✅ executive Zoom producer
✅ professional speaker
✅ emcee (virtual and in-person)
✅ podcast host
✅ virtual presentation skills trainer
and I'm likely leaving something out…
Read my back story at www.robbiesamuels.com/about
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to my website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive – weekly since July 2016!
SIGN UP for my free monthly #NoMoreBadZoom Virtual Happy Hours – www.NoMoreBadZoom.com
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.