Today’s guest is all about REAL-ationship building.
He has created a unique twist to networking that transforms how and why professionals meet one another. After years of successfully growing his business through networking, he and his wife, Carol, founded Zero to 100™, an inclusive networking movement that operates on a global scale.
Focused on fostering a sense of belonging and gratitude and rooted in developing genuine and authentic connections in business and in life, the movement includes books, networking events, and a proprietary digital platform.
He has been recognized by the business community locally and abroad through numerous publications and awards, most recently Marquis Who's Who in America. He made history in 2021, becoming the first African American in St Charles, Missouri's 250-year history, to receive the Key to the City for his accomplishments and contributions to the well-being and success of the business community.
Please join me in welcoming Joseph Luckett.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- his thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is the ability to gain followers. It is the ability to speak and do something and having those two things working congruently.”
- The impact “The Purpose Driven Life” had on him and how he influenced his family.
- “If you have no purpose, then what do you have?” The importance of knowing your purpose.
- Realizing that he needed to direct his energy and passion through the context of having to take Ritalin as a kid.
- Why he questioned the path he was on in school.
- How being adopted and being raised in a two-parent home really changed how he looked at the world.
- His love of video games and how they influenced his life.
- The opportunity he was given to go to California to teach breakdancing, only leaving that behind to go back home and help his mother.
- Developing an interest in business networking and realizing that the rooms he was walking into didn’t have people that looked like him.
- Understanding business networking even when running a coffee sales business and having customers seek networking advice.
- His refreshing outlook on coaching vs. consulting.
- The origin story of starting his current business with his wife.
- Why he values building a B.I.G. business – Belonging, Inclusive, Gratitude.
- How he has made an impact through the pandemic and race issues in the past years.
- What led him to write his book in the middle of the pandemic.
- How he nurtures and sustains his networks through double dates and gym invitations.
Books mentioned in this episode:
“Zero to 100: The Gold Standard of Global Networking” by Joseph Luckett
- “The Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here For?” by Rick Warren
- Learn more about Ivan Misner.
Subscribing (or following) and leaving a rating and review wherever you are listening helps this podcast be discovered.
Who is Robbie Samuels?
🟧 I'm an event design consultant and executive Zoom producer, with a passion for creating engaging and unforgettable experiences. With two decades of experience in the meetings and events industry, I have honed my skills in designing and executing events that leave a lasting impression.
🟧 I have published three books to share my expertise. Collectively they have received over 600 Amazon reviews and reached #1 Best Seller in 29 paid categories in the U.S., U.K., Canada, and Australia.
“Break Out of Boredom: Low-Tech Solutions for Highly Engaging Zoom Events” has received widespread acclaim. I am thrilled to help presenters and facilitators bring energy and excitement to their virtual events, and I am constantly seeking new ways to innovate and improve.
The book and bonus content are at www.BreakOutofBoredom.com. Launch Price – $2.99 ebook (reg. $9.99) thru 3/31. The paperback is also available.
🟧 I am passionate about sharing my knowledge and experience with others, and I regularly speak at industry events and offer consulting services to help organizations and speakers achieve success in their own virtual or in-person events. If you're looking for creative solutions and expert guidance for your next event, I would be honored to work with you. Let's make your event one to remember!
► Do you have a podcast or host live interviews? I am looking for opportunities to share my business success story and strategies.
I've been featured in NPR, Forbes, Fast Company, HBR, Lifehacker, and Inc. as a networking expert and expert in virtual event design.
► In 2020, I reinvented my business from zero to a thriving six figures in eight months. My second book, “Small List, Big Results: Launch a Successful Offer No Matter the Size of Your Email List,” answers the question, “Robbie, how did you do that?”
More importantly, this international bestseller shows how YOU can do it too. Get your copy and The Big Results Toolkit bonus content at www.SmallListBigResults.com.
► My first book, “Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences,” bonus content: www.CroissantsvsBagels.com.
WANT TO CHAT? firstname.lastname@example.org | 617-600-8240 | www.robbiesamuels.com
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to my website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive – weekly since July 2016!
SIGN UP for my free monthly #NoMoreBadZoom Virtual Happy Hours – www.NoMoreBadZoom.com
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.