Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 49:31 — 68.0MB)
Today’s guest is healing workplaces through play and positive psychology.
He believes fully embracing your nerdy genius gives you the power to make a difference and change lives. We already have many of the answers we seek, and by simply unleashing our inner child, we can find our purpose and, in turn, help to create a better world.
He helps teams build psychological safety and assist individuals in addressing their most significant challenges by embracing a play-oriented approach to work.
He was selected by BambooHR & Engagedly as one of the Top 100 HR Influencers and has been featured in the NY Times, Mashable, Upworthy, Huffpost, Shondaland, & Wired. He has worked with Google, Microsoft, Southwest Airlines, Adobe, the NFL, Amazon, and Facebook, helping their staff infuse more play into their daily lives.
As he says, “Work sucks, but it doesn't have to.”
Please join me in welcoming Jeff Harry.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- His thoughts on leadership: “The leader is the person everyone gravitates towards. They are the person you want to follow. Almost always, this is not the person with the leadership title.”
- Why he found trying to be cool exhausting and turned his life towards games and how that connected to his life today.
- Feeling unseen in the 7th and 8th grades.
- Starting a leftist magazine while in college at Tufts University.
- Creating mischief to inspire belonging.
- Being fully present was how he connected with others.
- His experience attending a party where he felt the loneliest he ever felt in his life even though he was in the space of acceptance.
- How he ended up working for a toy company in New York.
- Why he wants to heal the hardest situations through play, including how to heal your inner critic.
- How he tried to unionize the flagship Toys R Us store in Manhattan.
- How he found potential through a Craigslist ad job.
- Why his bowtie reminds him not to take things seriously.
- How he picked the different curriculums collaboratively. “We would listen to everyone’s opinion.”
- His time spending five years travelling with Lego.
- How he started his TikTok during the pandemic and that led to him experimenting with pitching himself to podcasts.
- How he started getting paid for speaking gigs.
- How he nurtures and sustains the outer levels of his network.
- Jeff Harry on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Listen to the “What Would Ted Lasso Do?” podcast
- Learn more about The Harpist from the Hood – Destiny Muhammad.
Subscribing (or following) and leaving a rating and review wherever you are listening helps this podcast be discovered.
Who is Robbie Samuels?
🟧 I'm an event design consultant and executive Zoom producer, with a passion for creating engaging and unforgettable experiences. With two decades of experience in the meetings and events industry, I have honed my skills in designing and executing events that leave a lasting impression.
🟧 I have published three books to share my expertise. Collectively they have received over 600 Amazon reviews and reached #1 Best Seller in 29 paid categories in the U.S., U.K., Canada, and Australia.
“Break Out of Boredom: Low-Tech Solutions for Highly Engaging Zoom Events” has received widespread acclaim. I am thrilled to help presenters and facilitators bring energy and excitement to their virtual events, and I am constantly seeking new ways to innovate and improve.
The book and bonus content are at www.BreakOutofBoredom.com. Launch Price – $2.99 ebook (reg. $9.99) thru 3/31. The paperback is also available.
🟧 I am passionate about sharing my knowledge and experience with others, and I regularly speak at industry events and offer consulting services to help organizations and speakers achieve success in their own virtual or in-person events. If you're looking for creative solutions and expert guidance for your next event, I would be honored to work with you. Let's make your event one to remember!
► Do you have a podcast or host live interviews? I am looking for opportunities to share my business success story and strategies.
I've been featured in NPR, Forbes, Fast Company, HBR, Lifehacker, and Inc. as a networking expert and expert in virtual event design.
► In 2020, I reinvented my business from zero to a thriving six figures in eight months. My second book, “Small List, Big Results: Launch a Successful Offer No Matter the Size of Your Email List,” answers the question, “Robbie, how did you do that?”
More importantly, this international bestseller shows how YOU can do it too. Get your copy and The Big Results Toolkit bonus content at www.SmallListBigResults.com.
► My first book, “Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences,” bonus content: www.CroissantsvsBagels.com.
WANT TO CHAT? email@example.com | 617-600-8240 | www.robbiesamuels.com
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to my website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive – weekly since July 2016!
SIGN UP for my free monthly #NoMoreBadZoom Virtual Happy Hours – www.NoMoreBadZoom.com
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.