Today’s guest is on a mission to create opportunities and connections for others.
She is the Founder and CEO of Weaving Influence, a full-service marketing agency specializing in digital and integrated marketing services and public relations for authors, business leaders, coaches, trainers, speakers, and thought leaders.
Her firm has provided a wide range of services to help clients launch nearly 200 books, enabling authors to build their brands, acquire more business customers, and increase book sales.
She is the author of “Reach: Create the Biggest Possible Audience for Your Message, Book, or Cause.” The book takes an in-depth look at what it takes to achieve the greatest possible influence, provides valuable advice for targeting key audiences, offers a variety of practical steps for cutting through the noise, shares best practices for cultivating community, and reveals practical strategies for growing an online presence.
She is also the host of the Book Marketing Action Podcast, where she shares actionable advice to help authors achieve their goals to reach more readers and enhance their brand.
Please join me in welcoming Becky Robinson.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is choosing to make a difference in the lives of others.”
- Becky’s beginnings from being a “big, nerd kid” to being a leader today helping people convene.
- Why she wanted to be a pediatrician.
- Discovering what she wanted to be when she grew up at age 40.
- How she chose to start writing after evaluating if she could make a career from it.
- Her time working for a leadership consultant and helping them launch their books. More and more people kept coming up to her to ask her to help them launch their books.
- How Jessie Lynn Stoner changed her career through an introduction to Whitney Johnson.
- The importance of her uncalculated decision to show up and connect without an agenda or trying to sell something.
- The importance of thinking about marketing your book as one is writing it.
- Getting comfortable with talking about your book.
- How to prioritize and execute a strong launch.
- The most important metric during a book launch … JOY.
- How she schedules and plans to get Amazon reviews.
- What she has planned for the year ahead.
- Becky Robinson on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Book Marketing Action Podcast
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Reach: Create the Biggest Possible Audience for Your Message, Book, or Cause” by Becky Robinson
- “31 Days of Twitter Tips: Grow Your Online Influence, 12 Minutes at a Time” by Becky Robinson
- Listen to my episode with Cathy Fyock.
- Learn more about Jesse Lyn Stoner.
- Learn more about Whitney Johnson.
- Learn more about AJ Harper.
Subscribing (or following) and leaving a rating and review wherever you are listening helps this podcast be discovered.
Who is Robbie Samuels?
🟧 I'm an event design consultant and executive Zoom producer, with a passion for creating engaging and unforgettable experiences. With two decades of experience in the meetings and events industry, I have honed my skills in designing and executing events that leave a lasting impression.
🟧 I have published three books to share my expertise. Collectively they have received over 600 Amazon reviews and reached #1 Best Seller in 29 paid categories in the U.S., U.K., Canada, and Australia.
“Break Out of Boredom: Low-Tech Solutions for Highly Engaging Zoom Events” has received widespread acclaim. I am thrilled to help presenters and facilitators bring energy and excitement to their virtual events, and I am constantly seeking new ways to innovate and improve.
The book and bonus content are at www.BreakOutofBoredom.com. Launch Price – $2.99 ebook (reg. $9.99) thru 3/31. The paperback is also available.
🟧 I am passionate about sharing my knowledge and experience with others, and I regularly speak at industry events and offer consulting services to help organizations and speakers achieve success in their own virtual or in-person events. If you're looking for creative solutions and expert guidance for your next event, I would be honored to work with you. Let's make your event one to remember!
► Do you have a podcast or host live interviews? I am looking for opportunities to share my business success story and strategies.
I've been featured in NPR, Forbes, Fast Company, HBR, Lifehacker, and Inc. as a networking expert and expert in virtual event design.
► In 2020, I reinvented my business from zero to a thriving six figures in eight months. My second book, “Small List, Big Results: Launch a Successful Offer No Matter the Size of Your Email List,” answers the question, “Robbie, how did you do that?”
More importantly, this international bestseller shows how YOU can do it too. Get your copy and The Big Results Toolkit bonus content at www.SmallListBigResults.com.
► My first book, “Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences,” bonus content: www.CroissantsvsBagels.com.
WANT TO CHAT? firstname.lastname@example.org | 617-600-8240 | www.robbiesamuels.com
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to my website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive – weekly since July 2016!
SIGN UP for my free monthly #NoMoreBadZoom Virtual Happy Hours – www.NoMoreBadZoom.com
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.