Today’s guest is a marketing maven leveraging technology to create stable, recurring revenue streams.
She’s an accomplished serial entrepreneur with six- and seven-figure businesses. She co-founded Video Rock Starz and the Stark Raving Entrepreneurs, helping thought leaders monetize their messages.
She co-authored the McGraw-Hill book, “Klout Matters: How to Engage Your Audience, Boost Your Digital Influence, and Raise Your Klout Score (2013)” and has contributed numerous articles to Speaker Magazine, The TowneLaker Magazine, and other publications on the topics of marketing, technology, and influence.
She is a long-time member of the National Speakers Association (NSA), the CEO of TEDxDupreePark, and the creator and host of TEDxDupreeParkTV.
She’s also been named a Top Marketing Thought Leader over 50 by Brand Quarterly and as a Who’s Who Among Women in eCommerce by WE Magazine.
Please join me in welcoming Gina Carr.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode, we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is painting a picture of the future and inviting people to go with you.”
- Becoming a leader back in fourth grade and seeing the faith people had in her to represent them well.
- The things she learned while participating in 4-H.
- How she made her way to Harvard Business School via Georgia Tech.
- How she was introduced to entrepreneurship and business ownership while working at a consulting firm.
- How she started a note taking service while in college.
- Her experience working at Cushman an Wakefield after leaving school and then buying a Century 21 franchise.
- When she decided that she no longer had the desire to work for other people.
- How she created a Real Estate magazine to advertise their listings and ended up franchising that concept to other companies.
- How she turned her desire to connect her community helped her grow her network and her business.
- How she grew her speaking business.
- What’s on the horizon for she with all of the new technology coming out like ChatGPT and Web-3.
- How her free workshops help her nurture and sustain her network.
- What she’s looking forward to in the year ahead.
- Gina Carr on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Klout Matters: How to Engage Customers, Boost Your Digital Influence–and Raise Your Klout Score for Success” by Gina Carr & Terry L. Brock
Subscribing (or following) and leaving a rating and review wherever you are listening helps this podcast be discovered.
Who is Robbie Samuels?
🟧 I'm an event design consultant and executive Zoom producer, with a passion for creating engaging and unforgettable experiences. With two decades of experience in the meetings and events industry, I have honed my skills in designing and executing events that leave a lasting impression.
🟧 I have published three books to share my expertise. Collectively they have received over 600 Amazon reviews and reached #1 Best Seller in 29 paid categories in the U.S., U.K., Canada, and Australia.
“Break Out of Boredom: Low-Tech Solutions for Highly Engaging Zoom Events” has received widespread acclaim. I am thrilled to help presenters and facilitators bring energy and excitement to their virtual events, and I am constantly seeking new ways to innovate and improve.
The book and bonus content are at www.BreakOutofBoredom.com. Launch Price – $2.99 ebook (reg. $9.99) thru 3/31. The paperback is also available.
🟧 I am passionate about sharing my knowledge and experience with others, and I regularly speak at industry events and offer consulting services to help organizations and speakers achieve success in their own virtual or in-person events. If you're looking for creative solutions and expert guidance for your next event, I would be honored to work with you. Let's make your event one to remember!
► Do you have a podcast or host live interviews? I am looking for opportunities to share my business success story and strategies.
I've been featured in NPR, Forbes, Fast Company, HBR, Lifehacker, and Inc. as a networking expert and expert in virtual event design.
► In 2020, I reinvented my business from zero to a thriving six figures in eight months. My second book, “Small List, Big Results: Launch a Successful Offer No Matter the Size of Your Email List,” answers the question, “Robbie, how did you do that?”
More importantly, this international bestseller shows how YOU can do it too. Get your copy and The Big Results Toolkit bonus content at www.SmallListBigResults.com.
► My first book, “Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences,” bonus content: www.CroissantsvsBagels.com.
WANT TO CHAT? firstname.lastname@example.org | 617-600-8240 | www.robbiesamuels.com
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to my website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive – weekly since July 2016!
SIGN UP for my free monthly #NoMoreBadZoom Virtual Happy Hours – www.NoMoreBadZoom.com
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.