Today’s guest went from a successful data scientist at a bustling San Francisco startup in 2016 to a captivating personal branding photographer in New York City, he's lived a life of transformation and authenticity.
His life-altering moment? His then-wife of eight years, revealed her true self as a transgender man. This prompted the question, “What do I need to change to feel true to myself?”
He found his answer in photography. As a personal branding photographer, he helps speakers, coaches, and solopreneurs feel safe to express themselves fully on camera. He's a proponent of the idea that your genuine self is the key to attracting your perfect clients.
He's an expert in conveying your unique story through photos. In the time it takes to read a text or watch a video, the human brain can process an image and its story in a fraction of a second. But he's not about making you fit into a pre-existing box for a photoshoot. Instead, he wants you to explore and embrace your identity, helping you visualize your ideal future self.
Please join me in welcoming Raj Bandyopadhyay.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
Embark on a transformative journey of self-discovery and authenticity as Raj Bandyopadhyay shares his story of personal growth and the power of embracing one's true identity.
In this episode, we discuss the following:
📸 Raj Bandyopadhyay went through a transformative journey, shifting from being a successful data scientist to becoming a personal branding photographer in New York City after his then-wife revealed her true self as a transgender man. This pivotal moment prompted him to question his own identity and find his calling in photography.
📸 As a personal branding photographer, Raj helps individuals such as speakers, coaches, and solopreneurs express themselves authentically on camera. He believes that embracing one's genuine self is key to attracting the right clients and tells their unique stories through visual imagery.
📸 Raj believes that leadership involves recognizing the potential for something new and inspiring others to join in that vision. He values building communities when existing ones don't fulfill our needs, emphasizing the importance of taking initiative.
📸 Raj's personal journey navigating his partner's transition has taught him the significance of open-mindedness, learning, and embracing growth. He emphasizes the impact of societal expectations and gender roles on relationships, highlighting the importance of challenging these norms for healthier dynamics.
Join us as Raj captures the picture-perfect moments of personal growth and authenticity, developing a snapshot of self-discovery that will leave you picture-perfectly inspired.
- Raj Bandyopadhyay on LinkedIn and Instagram.
- www.seriesaphotography.com/free-brand-audit – Free Brand Audit
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “She’s Not There” by Jennifer Finney Boylan
- Learn more about Transgender Partners: This website offers information, support groups, and resources specifically for partners of transgender individuals. They have a section dedicated to partners of trans men, providing articles and personal stories to help navigate the journey.
- Learn more about PFLAG (Parents, Families and Friends of LGBTQ+): PFLAG is an organization that provides support, education, and advocacy for LGBTQ+ individuals and their families. They have local chapters across the United States and offer resources for partners of transgender individuals, including support groups and online forums.
- Learn more about Gender Diversity: Gender Diversity is an organization that provides education, resources, and support for families, including partners, of transgender and gender-diverse individuals. They offer online support groups and have a wealth of information available on their website.
- Learn more about Gender Spectrum: Gender Spectrum is another organization dedicated to providing resources and support for transgender and gender-expansive youth and their families. While their focus is primarily on youth, they offer valuable resources for partners and families as well.
Subscribing (or following) and leaving a rating and review wherever you are listening helps this podcast be discovered.
Who is Robbie Samuels?
🟧 I'm an event design consultant and executive Zoom producer, with a passion for creating engaging and unforgettable experiences. With two decades of experience in the meetings and events industry, I have honed my skills in designing and executing events that leave a lasting impression.
🟧 I have published three books to share my expertise. Collectively they have received over 600 Amazon reviews and reached #1 Best Seller in 29 paid categories in the U.S., U.K., Canada, and Australia.
“Break Out of Boredom: Low-Tech Solutions for Highly Engaging Zoom Events” has received widespread acclaim. I am thrilled to help presenters and facilitators bring energy and excitement to their virtual events, and I am constantly seeking new ways to innovate and improve.
The book and bonus content are at www.BreakOutofBoredom.com. Launch Price – $2.99 ebook (reg. $9.99) thru 3/31. The paperback is also available.
🟧 I am passionate about sharing my knowledge and experience with others, and I regularly speak at industry events and offer consulting services to help organizations and speakers achieve success in their own virtual or in-person events. If you're looking for creative solutions and expert guidance for your next event, I would be honored to work with you. Let's make your event one to remember!
► Do you have a podcast or host live interviews? I am looking for opportunities to share my business success story and strategies.
I've been featured in NPR, Forbes, Fast Company, HBR, Lifehacker, and Inc. as a networking expert and expert in virtual event design.
► In 2020, I reinvented my business from zero to a thriving six figures in eight months. My second book, “Small List, Big Results: Launch a Successful Offer No Matter the Size of Your Email List,” answers the question, “Robbie, how did you do that?”
More importantly, this international bestseller shows how YOU can do it too. Get your copy and The Big Results Toolkit bonus content at www.SmallListBigResults.com.
► My first book, “Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences,” bonus content: www.CroissantsvsBagels.com.
WANT TO CHAT? email@example.com | 617-600-8240 | www.robbiesamuels.com
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to my website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive – weekly since July 2016!
SIGN UP for my free monthly #NoMoreBadZoom Virtual Happy Hours – www.NoMoreBadZoom.com
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.