Today’s guest is on a mission to help leaders work together toward a bright future for all.
She is editor in chief of the Apex Award-winning Leader to Leader journal, founded by Presidential Medal of Freedom recipient Frances Hesselbein, and partner and trusted advisor to former CEO of Boeing and Ford Alan Mulally, considered one of the greatest leaders of the 21st Century.
Her fields of expertise are leadership, management, personal leadership development, and executive and business coaching. For over twenty years, as COO of Marshall Goldsmith Inc., she led many initiatives, projects, and programs, including The 100 Coaches Project. Her expertise supported the success of Marshall Goldsmith’s New York Times and Wall Street Journal best-selling books, “Triggers” and “What Got You Here Won't Get You There.”
She has authored and edited many books, including “Making Waves” with former CEO of Celebrity Cruises Lisa Lutoff-Perlo and “Work Is Love Made Visible” with Marshall Goldsmith and Frances Hesselbein.
Please join me in welcoming Sarah McArthur.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? They are extremely helpful, and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
Join us for an insightful conversation as Sarah McArthur shares her remarkable leadership journey, her invaluable experiences working with influential figures, and the profound impact of effective communication on shaping a brighter future.
In this episode, we discuss:
🗣️ Leadership for a Bright Future: Sarah McArthur is dedicated to helping leaders collaborate towards a brighter future for all.
🗣️ Influential Connections: She has strong connections in the leadership world, including her work with Presidential Medal of Freedom recipient Frances Hesselbein and former CEO of Boeing and Ford, Alan Mulally.
🗣️ Communication Matters: Sarah emphasizes the importance of effective communication, where true communication means being heard.
🗣️ Lifelong Learning: She is a lifelong learner who has had unique opportunities, from traveling the world to working with renowned leaders like Marshall Goldsmith and Tony Robbins.
Listen to this episode to discover the ‘leadership van-tage point' that drove Sarah's journey around the world, and why her insights will drive your leadership skills to new horizons!
- Sarah McArthur on LinkedIn.
- Defining Moments: A Documentary about the Life and Leadership of Frances Hesselbein
- “A Mighty One” Editor-in-Chief Column Leader to Leader 110
- “The Elephant in the Dark,” Editors-in-Chief Column Leader to Leader 107
- “A Conversation with Marshall Goldsmith about Living an Earned Life” Leader to Leader 107
- “A Conversation with Alan Mulally about His “Working Together”© Strategic, Operational, and Stakeholder-Centered Management System,” Leader to Leader 104
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Work is Love Made Visible: A Collection of Essays About the Power of Finding Your Purpose From the World's Greatest Thought Leaders” by Frances Hesselbein, Marshall Goldsmith, and Sarah McArthur
- “Optimizing Talent Workbook” by Linda D. Sharkey and Sarah McArthur
- “Global Business Leadership” by E.S. Wibbeke and Sarah McArthur https://www.amazon.com/Global-Business-Leadership-S-Wibbeke-ebook/dp/B00GDFI4FO?ref_=ast_author_dp
- “Coaching for Leadership: Writings on Leadership from the World's Greatest Coaches” by Marshall Goldsmith, Laurence S. Lyons, and Sarah McArthur
- “The AMA Handbook of Leadership” by Marshall Goldsmith, John Baldoni, and Sarah McArthur
- “Organization Design, Levels of Work and Human Capability: Executive Guide” by Sarah McArthur and 40 authors from around the world
- “Be Human, Lead Human: How to Connect People and Performance” by Jennifer Nash
- Learn more about Frances Hesselbein.
- Learn more about Marshall Goldsmith.
- Learn more about John Baldoni.
Subscribing (or following) and leaving a rating and review wherever you are listening helps this podcast be discovered.
Who is Robbie Samuels?
🟧 I'm an event design consultant and executive Zoom producer, with a passion for creating engaging and unforgettable experiences. With two decades of experience in the meetings and events industry, I have honed my skills in designing and executing events that leave a lasting impression.
🟧 I have published three books to share my expertise. Collectively they have received over 650 Amazon reviews and reached #1 Best Seller in 29 paid categories in the U.S., U.K., Canada, and Australia.
“Break Out of Boredom: Low-Tech Solutions for Highly Engaging Zoom Events” has received widespread acclaim. I am thrilled to help presenters and facilitators bring energy and excitement to their virtual events, and I am constantly seeking new ways to innovate and improve.
The book and bonus content (checklists, step-by-step guides, video tutorials, and more) are available at www.BreakOutofBoredom.com.
🟧 I am passionate about sharing my knowledge and experience with others, and I regularly speak at industry events and offer consulting services to help organizations and speakers achieve success in their own virtual or in-person events. If you're looking for creative solutions and expert guidance for your next event, I would be honored to work with you. Let's make your event one to remember!
► Do you have a podcast or host live interviews? I am looking for opportunities to share my business success story and strategies.
I've been featured in NPR, Forbes, Fast Company, HBR, Lifehacker, and Inc. as a networking expert and expert in virtual event design.
► In 2020, I reinvented my business from zero to a thriving six figures in eight months. My second book, “Small List, Big Results: Launch a Successful Offer No Matter the Size of Your Email List,” answers the question, “Robbie, how did you do that?”
More importantly, this international bestseller shows how YOU can do it too. Get your copy and The Big Results Toolkit bonus content at www.SmallListBigResults.com.
► My first book, “Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences,” bonus content: www.CroissantsvsBagels.com.
WANT TO CHAT? firstname.lastname@example.org | 617-600-8240 | www.robbiesamuels.com
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to my website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive – weekly since July 2016!
SIGN UP for my free monthly #NoMoreBadZoom Virtual Happy Hours – www.NoMoreBadZoom.com
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.
Guest photo by Tom Shillea.