Today’s guest is a Wall Street lawyer turned talk show host, social dynamics expert, and entrepreneur, whose affinity for social influence, interpersonal dynamics, and social engineering has led him to, and through, many unique situations.
He spent several years abroad, speaks five languages, and has worked for various governments and NGOs overseas. His travel took him through war zones and got him kidnapped twice. He will tell you the only reason he is alive today is because of his innate ability to talk his way into, and out of, almost any situation.
Now, after co-hosting a top 50 iTunes podcast for over a decade, achieving almost four million downloads a month during its prime, he has embarked on a new adventure: running his own podcast show, where he deconstructs the playbooks of the most successful entrepreneurs, celebrities, writers, and experts on earth to share their strategies, perspectives, and insights with his listeners.
Along with his podcast show, he is one of the best and most sought-after coaches in the world because of his business sense, extensive knowledge of the industry, and his contemporary approach to teaching.
Please join me in welcoming Jordan Harbinger.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- his thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is really just leading by example, showing up every day, making sure you eat last, being transparent and vulnerable.”
- how his experiences led him to the place where he realized he was a leader.
- his first leadership mentor, and how learned about earning respect and wielding power when necessary.
- how being a foreign exchange student opened his mind and changed his life.
- his experiences with being a podcast host when it was an entirely new medium, and how it has evolved.
- the habits he has built into his daily routine to intentionally maintain connections with strong and weak connections.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences” by Robbie Samuels
- “The 48 Laws of Power” by Robert Greene
- Learn more about Ramit Sethi.
- Listen to my interviews with Michelle Tillis Lederman – August 2018 & May 2019
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered. Need help using Apple Podcasts? 5 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
ABOUT ROBBIE: www.robbiesamuels.com/about
READ his “9 Ways to Network in a Pandemic” – www.robbiesamuels.com/9ways
SIGN UP for his free weekly #NoMoreBadZoom Virtual Happy Hours – www.NoMoreBadZoom.com
Business Growth Strategy Coach
Robbie helps entrepreneurs, especially entrepreneurial women over 50, engage their network so that they can grow their impact and income while managing their energy and effort.
WHO YOU ARE:
You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you’re running out of time.
The reason options are overwhelming is that you’re looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when to make the most of your time, you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
You know that if you try to do everything, you’ll accomplish nothing. This means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
WAYS ROBBIE OFFERS SUPPORT:
As a relationship-based business growth strategist, Robbie will work with you one-on-one to design a year-long plan that consists of three 12-week sprints, each followed by 4 weeks of reflection/assessment, rejuvenation, learning, and strategic planning. This will allow you to sequence your goals, create momentum, and leverage your limited time.
Have a project that you want feedback on or need assistance with a specific strategy? He offers half-day strategy sessions.
Want accountability, support, and guidance as you implement your strategic plan? Learn more about his year-long mastermind program.
These are not right for everyone; they're personalized offerings and are priced accordingly.
WHAT MIGHT YOU WORK ON?
In his coaching work with entrepreneurs, his clients focus on the areas where they'd like to grow, which may include:
- Creating a strong sales conversation framework
- Building your referral network
- Lead generation through a relationships
- Growing your visibility in your industry
- Increasing your ability to attract the right kind of clients
- Identifying and launching a minimally viable offer
- Breaking through whatever bottleneck is holding you back from getting the results you want and deserve
- Becoming a published author and marketing your book successfully
- Improving your virtual presentation skills
LEARN MORE AND SCHEDULE A CHAT: www.robbiesamuels.com/coaching
Robbie is excited to support you in reaching or exceeding your goals.
Interested in booking Robbie to speak? At www.robbiesamuels.com/speaking you’ll find video clips and a description of his talks.
Watch his TEDx talk “Hate networking? Stop bageling and be the croissant!” at www.robbiesamuels.com/TEDx.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to his website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive – weekly since July 2016!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.