Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 45:57 — 42.1MB)
Today’s guest is a sought-after speaker who has shared the platform with everyone from today’s business leaders and broadcast personalities to even a former U.S. President.
A prolific author of books on sales, marketing, and influence, for years he was best known for his book “Endless Referrals” – that is until he released “The Go-Giver” a business parable he co-authored. It joined The Wall Street Journal and BusinessWeek Bestseller lists, sold over 850,000 copies, has been translated into 28 languages, and inspired a book series. The most recent parable in the Go-Giver Series is The Go-Giver Influencer.
The American Management Association named him one of the Top 30 Leaders in Business and he was named one of the Top 200 Most Influential Authors in the World by Richtopia.
Please join me in welcoming Bob Burg.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- his thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is indeed moving people to a desired action but doing so in a way that you tie your goal into theirs.”
- how he handled learning his first role in sales, and then his first role in leadership.
- the emphasis he and many other leaders place on pull instead of push.
- his view on how we are responsible to people but not responsible for people.
- the difference between manipulation and persuasion.
- three different surprises he has experienced with reciprocity.
- his tips for what does work for networking at events.
- Bob Burg on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences” by Robbie Samuels
- “The Go-Giver: A Little Story About a Powerful Business Idea” by Bob Burg
- “Adversaries into Allies: Win People Over Without Manipulation or Coercion” by Bob Burg
- “It’s Not About You: A Little Story About What Matters Most in Business” by Bob Burg
- “The Art of Persuasion: Winning Without Intimidation” by Bob Burg
- “Endless Referrals” by Bob Burg
- “The Art of Talking so People Will Listen: Getting Through to Family, Friends, & Business Associates” by Paul W. Swets
- “Pre-Suasion: A Revolutionary Way to Influence and Persuade” by Robert Cialdini
- “Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion” by Dr. Robert Cialdini
- “48 Laws of Power” by Robert Greene
- “Profit First: Transform Your Business from a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine” by Mike Michalowicz
- Learn more about John Maxwell.
- Listen to my interview with Matt Ward.
- Listen to my interview with Dr. Ivan Misner.
- Learn more about Andrea Nierenberg.
- Learn more about Bill Gove.
- Learn more about Cavett Robert.
- Learn more about the National Speakers Association.
- Learn more about National Cash Register (NCR).
- Learn more about Jeffrey Shaw.
- Learn more about John David Mann.
- Learn more about Lee Cockerell.
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered. Need help using Apple Podcasts? 5 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
ABOUT ROBBIE: www.robbiesamuels.com/about
READ his “9 Ways to Network in a Pandemic” – www.robbiesamuels.com/9ways
SIGN UP for his free weekly #NoMoreBadZoom Virtual Happy Hours – www.NoMoreBadZoom.com
Business Growth Strategy Coach
Robbie helps entrepreneurs, especially entrepreneurial women over 50, engage their network so that they can grow their impact and income while managing their energy and effort.
WHO YOU ARE:
You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you’re running out of time.
The reason options are overwhelming is that you’re looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when to make the most of your time, you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
You know that if you try to do everything, you’ll accomplish nothing. This means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
WAYS ROBBIE OFFERS SUPPORT:
As a relationship-based business growth strategist, Robbie will work with you one-on-one to design a year-long plan that consists of three 12-week sprints, each followed by 4 weeks of reflection/assessment, rejuvenation, learning, and strategic planning. This will allow you to sequence your goals, create momentum, and leverage your limited time.
Have a project that you want feedback on or need assistance with a specific strategy? He offers half-day strategy sessions.
Want accountability, support, and guidance as you implement your strategic plan? Learn more about his year-long mastermind program.
These are not right for everyone; they're personalized offerings and are priced accordingly.
WHAT MIGHT YOU WORK ON?
In his coaching work with entrepreneurs, his clients focus on the areas where they'd like to grow, which may include:
- Creating a strong sales conversation framework
- Building your referral network
- Lead generation through a relationships
- Growing your visibility in your industry
- Increasing your ability to attract the right kind of clients
- Identifying and launching a minimally viable offer
- Breaking through whatever bottleneck is holding you back from getting the results you want and deserve
- Becoming a published author and marketing your book successfully
- Improving your virtual presentation skills
LEARN MORE AND SCHEDULE A CHAT: www.robbiesamuels.com/coaching
Robbie is excited to support you in reaching or exceeding your goals.
Interested in booking Robbie to speak? At www.robbiesamuels.com/speaking you’ll find video clips and a description of his talks.
Watch his TEDx talk “Hate networking? Stop bageling and be the croissant!” at www.robbiesamuels.com/TEDx.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to his website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive – weekly since July 2016!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.