My kindergartner is learning sight words in school right now and the teachers sent home some worksheets to practice.
I don’t remember what it was like to learn to read and hadn’t much thought about the process until this year.
Each night, we practice after dinner and even our four-year-old has started to join us even though he is a year and a half away from going to kindergarten.
To him, learning is fun and he’s not daunted by it being difficult.
He’s definitely memorized a lot of sight words and now he’s learning how to sound out short words.
Some nights he’s totally focused and seems like he’s about to read a novel to us and other nights he’s tired and says random words.
He is four and this up and down learning process is completely normal.
At some point in our lives we master the basics of life, know how to take care of ourselves, can do our job, and generally have confidence in making it through an average day.
Fast forward to 55, 62, or 67 years old.
For the last 20+ years, we were recognized as experts in our field.
We are filled to the brim with experience and know-how.
How strange would it be at that point in our lives to be a novice again?
How uncomfortable would it be to ask for help, not even knowing what words to use to explain the help we were seeking?
How very odd to feel like we are starting at square one when we’ve lived a full life and we are not four years old?
I’ve often been asked why my ideal clients are inspiring women in their 50s and beyond (and a few awesome men).
The short answer is my ideal clients found me, but the reason I love working with them is I can recognize their desire to make a big impact with all that they’ve learned in life.
And I know that starting something new and novel after 50 isn’t easy. That's why I say “inspiring” because I am truly inspired by my clients.
Your Challenge For This Week
While it’s not easy to be a beginner again, it doesn’t have to be hard either.
Here are a few ways I can support you right now:
1) I’m hosting another Pop-Up Q&A Mastermind this month – that’s a $200 live virtual small-group 2-hour Q&A session to support you in creating your own list of likely prospects who already know, like, and trust you.
The requirement is that before you attend, you start following steps in the Wake Up Your Network workbook so you have questions to ask. Limited to eight participants.
Interested? Fill out this application – www.robbiesamuels.com/popupapp.
2) A couple of weeks ago I hosted a day-long Idea to Offer Workshop so we could dig into the strategies in “Small List, Big Results: Launch a Successful Offer No Matter the Size of Your Email List.”
I’m making the replay video and slides available so you can set aside time on your own to do the exercises. $100 to access this or $250 to access this and the Pop-Up Q&A Mastermind.
Learn more and sign up at www.robbiesamuels.com/workshopreplay
3) Would becoming competent and confident using Zoom, online facilitation, and virtual event design help you stop putting off launching?
If you’ll be using Zoom for trainings or to run your online course, mastermind, or group coaching program – becoming a Certified Virtual Event Professional would definitely be a differentiator.
The next cohort of The 5% Advantage Program will kick-off in April/May. Learn more about this 4+ week intensive at www.the5percentadvantage.com.
Try this and let me know how it goes!
Business Growth Strategist & Business Coach
As a relationship-based business growth strategist, I work directly with a limited number of self-employed professionals, aka solopreneurs.
WHO YOU ARE:
You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you’re running out of time.
The reason options are overwhelming is that you’re looking at them as a series of disconnected steps, when to make the most of your time, you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
You know that if you try to do everything, you’ll accomplish nothing. This means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
As a relationship-based business growth strategist, I will work with you to design a year-long plan that consists of three 12-week sprints, each followed by 4 weeks of reflection/assessment, rejuvenation/vacation, and strategic planning. This will allow you to sequence your goals, create momentum, and leverage your limited time.
We can build your plan through a half-day strategy session, a coaching engagement, or a mastermind program.
These are not right for everyone; they’re personalized offerings and are priced accordingly.
What might you work on?
In my coaching work with entrepreneurs and solopreneurs, we focus on the areas where you’d like to grow, which may include:
- Creating a strong sales conversation framework
- Building your referral network
- Lead generation through a relationships
- Growing your visibility in your industry
- Increasing your ability to attract the right kind of clients
- Identifying and launching a minimally viable offer
- Breaking through whatever bottleneck is holding you back from getting the results you want and deserve
- Becoming a published author and marketing your book successfully
- Improving your virtual presentation skills
Learn more about the different ways we can work together – deep dive 3-hour session, private 1:1 coaching, and masterminds. I’m excited to support you in reaching or exceeding your goals.
- Connect with me on LinkedIn to see the content I share.
- New to my website? Start here
- Listen to my On the Schmooze podcast – weekly since July 2016.