In April 2020, it seemed like everyone and their mother announced they were hosting a virtual summit.
I get it, in-person events were canceled or postponed, and entrepreneurs needed to find a way to provide value in a disrupted world.
Most of these summits replicated the same format that was used by pre-pandemic virtual summits:
Pre-record lots of interviews and then drip them out 1-4 a day over a week or longer.
At that moment, we needed less content and more opportunities for connection so this format wasn’t that great, even though the quality of the content was pretty amazing.
I was asked to speak in about a half dozen of these virtual summits and since my topic was how to design engaging online experiences I said yes with a caveat.
There had to be a live component to the event because it’s during those live Zoom sessions that participants can connect with each other.
By late 2020, I felt pretty burned out on the whole idea of virtual summits since aside from design flaws inherent in this format, there are also many promotional requirements for speakers.
In particular, there is an emphasis on promoting to receive affiliate commissions on VIP upgrades.
Compared to the simplicity of agreeing to be on a podcast, virtual summits required a lot more of my time and put pressure on my email communication with my community.
It started to feel like the only person benefiting from these events was the person hosting – who was building their email list – as I don’t recall any significant business coming from speaking.
In 2021, I decided to take a break from saying yes to virtual summits.
This is why it’s exceptional that I’m inviting you to attend one that I’m participating in next month.
LEGACY: The Premier Strategic Business Event
February 1-3, 2022
What makes this different than other virtual summits?
- The quality of the nearly 50 speakers – all experts in their field.
- Money raised from VIP passes goes to charities, not speakers or the host.
- Invitation, not requirement, to opt-in to the host’s email list.
- Live panels are held daily for five days (including the day before and the day after).
- No requirement to do any promotion as a speaker.
- None of this would be true if not for the host, Alex Brueckmann who I instantly liked and trusted. [So you can get to know and trust him too, I interviewed him in episode 263 of On the Schmooze and I’m interviewing him live on LinkedIn at 1 pm ET on 1/25.]
Your Challenge For This Week
This event is aimed at entrepreneurs who want to make a lasting impact far beyond their years on this earth.
It’s the kind of event that’s designed to not only inspire you… but to give you exactly what you need to take the next step toward building your own legacy.
From business growth designed to help you lead the life, you want to lead…
To understand how to give back and do more for the world around you…
This event’s purpose is to create ripple effects that spread worldwide and build positive change. Of all sizes, at all levels.
Curious about what you’ll discover on this no-charge 3-day event? Here’s a small sample of the nearly 50 event sessions:
- Humanity as Stakeholders: The Future of Leadership
- Fast-Growing Brand: How to Rapidly Build Your Brand From Scratch and Get To Success
- Switch Perspective: How to Find Clarity in Your Business for Greater Returns and a Life You Want to Live
- 6 Essential Habits of High Performers (And How To Use Them For Yourself)
- TEDx – Do's and Don'ts to Make it to The Red Circle
- Your Better, Simpler Strategy: Creating Value as the Key Driver for Exceptional Results
- The Pyramid of Life: Creating Keystone Habits To Perform at Your Peak, Live Healthier, and Be Happier
- Small List, Big Results: How to Launch a Successful Offer Even If You Don't Have a Big Email List
- Trust Recession: The High Bar for Earning Trust and How Honesty Helps You Build Your Success
- Stop Multitasking: Routines, Habits, and Tools to Leverage Productivity withOUT Burning Out
- 3E Model For Impact: Create Your Own Distinct & Profitable Marketplace
Register (no fee) at www.brueckmann.ca/robbie and if you decide to upgrade to VIP your money goes to environmental and childhood cancer charities.
Hit reply to let me know you signed up!
Business Growth Strategist & Business Coach
As a relationship-based business growth strategist, I work directly with a limited number of self-employed professionals, aka solopreneurs.
WHO YOU ARE:
You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you’re running out of time.
The reason options are overwhelming is that you’re looking at them as a series of disconnected steps, when to make the most of your time, you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
You know that if you try to do everything, you’ll accomplish nothing. This means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
As a relationship-based business growth strategist, I will work with you to design a year-long plan that consists of three 12-week sprints, each followed by 4 weeks of reflection/assessment, rejuvenation/vacation, and strategic planning. This will allow you to sequence your goals, create momentum, and leverage your limited time.
We can build your plan through a half-day strategy session, a coaching engagement, or a mastermind program.
These are not right for everyone; they’re personalized offerings and are priced accordingly.
What might you work on?
In my coaching work with entrepreneurs and solopreneurs, we focus on the areas where you’d like to grow, which may include:
- Creating a strong sales conversation framework
- Building your referral network
- Lead generation through a relationships
- Growing your visibility in your industry
- Increasing your ability to attract the right kind of clients
- Identifying and launching a minimally viable offer
- Breaking through whatever bottleneck is holding you back from getting the results you want and deserve
- Becoming a published author and marketing your book successfully
- Improving your virtual presentation skills
Learn more about the different ways we can work together – deep dive 3-hour session, private 1:1 coaching, and masterminds. I’m excited to support you in reaching or exceeding your goals.