Meeting strangers can be scary. Going into a room filled with people you don’t know with the expectation that you’ll chat with a few of them – is not easy. It’s human nature to want to stick with what is familiar to us and stay within our comfort zones. The downside to this instinct?
You’ll only know the people you already know and if they can’t help you find a job or identify new clients then you’re at a dead end. If you’re serious about achieving your professional goals you’ll need to get past your fear of meeting strangers.
To help make networking less scary, I’ve created a simple tool to help you focus your time and get results.
It’s only three steps, but when you follow them you’ll find you will be much clearer about why you are networking, what your goals are, and how to achieve them.
Brainstorm + Objective + Organize = BOO!
B.O.O. helps you be more strategic so you stop wasting time networking and get the results you’re looking for.
“Brainstorm” answers the question “why”
- Why do you venture out of your comfort zone to meet strangers?
- Why are you going to this particular event?
- Why should you be strategic with your time?
“Objective” speaks to “what”
- What are your long-term goals for networking and what does success look like?
- What are your goals for this particular event?
- What would it take for you to be able to meet your event goals within one hour?
“Organize” speaks to “how” – Listen to:
- 8 Steps for Successful Networking (episode 000) http://wp.me/p5T01T-68
- Become a regular (episode 004) http://wp.me/p5T01T-7K
- Draft your follow-up email before you leave for the event (episode 016) http://wp.me/p5T01T-aN
Remember BOO and networking will be less scary.
ABOUT ROBBIE: www.robbiesamuels.com/about
Business Growth Strategy Coach
Robbie coaches inspiring entrepreneurial women in their 50s and beyond (and a few awesome men) to grow their impact and income by building an audience before launching new revenue streams.
WHO YOU ARE:
You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you’re running out of time.
The reason options are overwhelming is that you’re looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when to make the most of your time, you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
You know that if you try to do everything, you’ll accomplish nothing. This means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
WAYS ROBBIE OFFERS SUPPORT:
As a relationship-based business growth strategist, Robbie will work with you one-on-one to design a year-long plan that consists of three 12-week sprints, each followed by 4 weeks of reflection/assessment, rejuvenation, learning, and strategic planning. This will allow you to sequence your goals, create momentum, and leverage your limited time.
Have a project that you want feedback on or need assistance with a specific strategy? He offers half-day strategy sessions.
Already selling but feeling stuck around how to increase your revenue? Sign up for a one-day mastermind with fellow entrepreneurs to break through to the next level.
Ready to dig into your network to validate a solution you’ve been working on to see if you can build an audience for it before launching? Sign up for 12 Weeks to Create Your Irresistible Offer program.
Want accountability, support, and guidance as you implement your strategic plan? Learn more about his year-long Wake Up Your Network mastermind program.
These are not right for everyone; they're personalized offerings and are priced accordingly.
WHAT MIGHT YOU WORK ON?
In his coaching work with entrepreneurs, his clients focus on the areas where they'd like to grow, which may include:
- Creating a strong sales conversation framework
- Building your referral network
- Lead generation through a relationships
- Growing your visibility in your industry
- Increasing your ability to attract the right kind of clients
- Identifying and launching a minimally viable offer
- Breaking through whatever bottleneck is holding you back from getting the results you want and deserve
- Becoming a published author and marketing your book successfully
- Improving your virtual presentation skills
LEARN MORE AND SCHEDULE A CHAT: www.robbiesamuels.com/coaching
Robbie is excited to support you in reaching or exceeding your goals.
Interested in booking Robbie to speak? At www.robbiesamuels.com/speaking you’ll find video clips and a description of his talks.
Watch his TEDx talk “Hate networking? Stop bageling and be the croissant!” at www.robbiesamuels.com/TEDx.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to his website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive – weekly since July 2016!
SIGN UP for his free weekly #NoMoreBadZoom Virtual Happy Hours – www.NoMoreBadZoom.com
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.