Today’s guest has worked for more than a decade to create and preserve affordable housing in Massachusetts. Currently she is the Director of Public Policy at Citizens’ Housing and Planning Association (she was promoted to Executive Director the day before this aired!), previously she served as Chief of Staff and Housing Policy Director for former State Senator Susan Tucker and as a Senior Policy Advocate at Homes for Families. Most recently, she was the Director of Public Policy at the Alliance for Business Leadership, a non-partisan alliance of CEOs, executives, entrepreneurs, and investors working to promote long-term economic growth and prosperity for all. She is an alum of LeadBoston class of 2015.
Please join me in welcoming Rachel Heller.
In this episode we explore:
- her thoughts on leadership – “Leadership is bringing people together to solve problems. There is no shortage of problems that we face and I don’t think any one person can solve them on their own. From my experience, it’s really been bringing people together to tap into the best ideas and chart a course forward to a solution.”
- how rewarding it has been to work cross-sector with several groups to find a new approach to addressing family homelessness through the On Solid Ground coalition.
- the challenges of working with groups that “speak different languages” and “work on different priorities” – yet it's that diversity of perspective that is helping them make progress.
- her intention to unplug on a regular basis so she can be more present with her family
Stay tuned until the end of the episode to hear what I thought were the key take-aways you could put into practice this week and benefit from for years to come.
- Rachel Heller on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Citizens’ Housing and Planning Association (CHAPA)
- On Solid Ground Coalition
- “Alone Together” by Sherry Turkle
- Learn more about LeadBoston.
- Contactually (free 30 day trial) – questions about this? I'm happy to help you get set up for success.
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- New to my website? Start here.
- Hire me to speak at your company: learn about my Art of the Schmooze session on inclusive networking and the other sessions I offer.
- On the Schmooze podcast archive
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on iTunes helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using iTunes? 10 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review on iTunes. Thank you!
Podcast guest suggestions welcomed. Email me your ideas.
Sometimes I'll recommend a product or service for which I receive an affiliate commission. I only recommend things and people I admire.