Today’s guest has spent the last 6 years raising awareness of and creating community for couples dealing with infertility. What started as an anonymous blog chronicling her own journey to parenthood through the wonders of science, has grown into an internationally-recognized powerhouse within the online infertility community.
My guest has become known as a leading infertility and women’s health writer. Her writing and infertility story has appeared in Redbook Magazine, The Huffington Post, Disney Baby, among many other publications.
She has received several awards recognizing her tireless advocacy for both infertility-sensitive legislation and cultural empowerment for infertility patients. Her short film, “What IF: A Portrait of Infertility” received a Best Viral Video award from RESOLVE, the National Infertility Association.
As a consultant, my guest helps her clients craft compelling narratives that ignites conversation and inspires action. She is also Director of Brand Strategy at Fertility Planit and News Writer for Romper.com, a new website for millennial moms.
Please join me in welcoming Keiko Zoll.
In this episode we explore:
- her thoughts on leadership – “Leadership isn't ordering people around, isn't taking credit for the work of your team, and it isn't doing everything yourself.” “Leadership is very strongly tied to being able to take risks for the sake of your team or for the sake of your project.”
- how her video sharing her personal story of infertility went viral
- how she deals with imposter syndrome
- the challenges of being a work-at-home parent
Stay tuned until the end of the episode to hear what I thought were the key take-aways you could put into practice this week and benefit from for years to come.
- Keiko Zoll on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Her “What If?” video that went viral
- Her website – www.TheInfertilityVoice.com
- Learn more about New Leaders Council
- Contactually (free 30 day trial) – questions about this? I'm happy to help you get set up for success.
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- New to my website? Start here.
- Hire me to speak at your company: learn about my Art of the Schmooze session on inclusive networking and the other sessions I offer.
- On the Schmooze podcast archive
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on iTunes helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using iTunes? 10 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review on iTunes. Thank you!
Sometimes I'll recommend a product or service for which I receive an affiliate commission. I only recommend things and people I admire.