Welcome back to On the Schmooze. Thank you so much for joining me. Last week I had the pleasure of interviewing Keiko Zoll, this week you’ll be hearing from me, your host.
Every other week I’ll be offering my take on some aspect of networking and relationship-building. These shorter podcast episodes will include practical networking tips and techniques you can put into practice right away. My hope is that insights from me and my guests will help you achieve the leadership position you’re seeking, build and sustain your professional network, and find the work/life balance that works best for you.
This week, to help make networking less scary, I’ve created a simple tool to help you focus your time and get results. Brainstorm + Objective + Organize = BOO! Meeting strangers can be scary. It’s human nature to want to stick with what is familiar to us and stay within our comfort zones. The downside to this instinct? You’ll only know the people you already know and if they can’t help you find a job or identify new clients then you’re at a dead end. If you’re serious about achieving your professional goals you’ll need to get past your fear of meeting strangers.
- 8 Steps for Successful Networking (episode 000)
- Become a regular (episode 004)
- Draft your follow-up email before you leave for the event (episode 016)
Want to be able to easily print and share these tips?
- Hire me to speak at your company: learn about my Art of the Schmooze session on effective and inclusive networking, and the other sessions I offer.
- Contactually (free 30 day trial) – questions about this? I'm happy to help you get set up for success.
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- New to my website? Start here.
- On the Schmooze podcast archive
Subscribing and leaving an honest rating and review on iTunes helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using iTunes? 10 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review on iTunes. Thank you!
Podcast guest suggestions welcomed. Email me your ideas.