Today’s guest believes that no matter what obstacles we face, what burdens we bear, what trials we’ve experienced, we can all be content with our present situation and optimistic about the future.
He is Chief Business Officer at Google’s [X], an elite team of engineers that comprise Google’s futuristic “dream factory.” In 2001, he realized that despite his incredible success, he was desperately unhappy. A lifelong learner, he attacked the problem as an engineer would. Starting with his understanding of how the brain takes in and processes joy and sadness, he applied his superior skills of logic and problem solving to the issue of happiness. The result: he discovered the equation for permanent happiness.
He shares his algorithm in his book Solve for Happy, where he questions some of the most fundamental aspects of our existence, shares the underlying reasons for suffering, and plots out a step-by-step process for achieving lifelong happiness and enduring contentment.
Please join me in welcoming Mo Gawdat.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on iTunes? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
On the Schmooze is on C-Suite Radio.
Listen to our show and many other great
business podcasts at C-SuiteRadio.com.
In this episode we explore:
- how he defines leadership: “Leadership is to be aligned with the value system and the destination of those you lead.”
- the need to be adaptive and adjust our style of leadership depending on the situation
- his view of success isn’t measured by Silicon Valley expectations: “What you really need to enjoy life is to be aligned somehow with that core inside you that keeps telling you every morning, “I should be doing this, because this is what I believe in, this is how I see the world, and how I see the world should become.”
- how he and his family dealt with the death of his son “with flying colors” by using his “Solve for Happy” formula
- the importance of being present and meditating on everything, “…because presence truly is the most powerful tool we have as executives and leaders.”
Stay tuned until the end of the episode to hear what I thought were the key takeaways you could put into practice this week and benefit from for years to come.
- Mo Gawdat on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Solve for Happy on Twitter
- “Solve for Happy” by Mo Gawdat
- YouTube Solve for Happy
- Contactually (free 14 day trial) – questions about this? I'm happy to help you get set up for success.
- Interested in booking me to speak? Learn about my Art of the Schmooze session on effective and inclusive networking, and the other sessions I offer
- Schedule a 20-minute phone or Skype chat to discuss working together
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to my website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive and show notes for recent episodes
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on iTunes helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using iTunes? 10 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review on iTunes. Thank you!
Sometimes I'll recommend a product or service for which I receive an affiliate commission. I only recommend things and people I admire.