Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 58:47 — 40.4MB)
Today’s guest is a top internet influencer, a true podcasting pioneer. In 2005, he launched the first podcast devoted to internet business and online marketing. To this day “Internet Business Mastery” is one of the most profitable business podcasts on iTunes – generating millions of dollars in direct sales.
He believes in the collective power of the self-made influencer to elevate the world with their story, message, and wisdom. He helps these thought leaders to turn their brilliance into effective internet content and courses so that they can reach more people and generate a greater impact with their ideas.
He has spoken around the world inspiring thousands to launch and grow their own personal brands, having personally launched more than 60 online courses, taught 7,000 students and seen his podcast downloaded 8 million times.
Please join me in welcoming Jason Van Orden.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on iTunes? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and everyone of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
On the Schmooze is on C-Suite Radio.
Listen to our show and many other great
business podcasts at C-SuiteRadio.com.
In this episode we explore:
- his definition of leadership: “Leadership is knowing what you stand for, knowing who it is you want to serve… and having a message to bring to the world.”
- how his motivation to become an entrepreneur was his passion for teaching AND freedom.
- the origin story of how his podcast got started back in 2005, when the medium was barely known, and what’s motivated him to keep it going.
- how having a legacy has become more important to him: “How do I show up best in the world? How can I do that as fully as possible?
- How can I use that to create the best value?”
how, as an introvert, he made reaching out to colleagues a habit and now can’t imagine building his business without these conversations each week.
What were the key takeaways you plan to put into practice this week and benefit from for years to come? Share your thoughts in the comments.
- Jason Van Orden on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter
- Internet Business Mastery website and podcast
- Smart Passive Income podcast
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences” – by Robbie Samuels
- “Let Go: Expanded Edition: How to Transform Moments of Panic into a Life of Profits and Purpose” by Pat Flynn
- “Will It Fly?: How to Test Your Next Business Idea So You Don't Waste Your Time and Money” by Pat Flynn
- “How to Work a Room, 25th Anniversary Edition: The Ultimate Guide to Making Lasting Connections–In Person and Online” by Susan RoAne
- Interested in booking me to speak? Learn about my Art of the Schmooze session on effective and inclusive networking, and the other sessions I offer
- Schedule a 20-minute phone or video chat to discuss working together
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to my website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive and show notes for recent episodes
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on iTunes helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using iTunes? 10 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review on iTunes. Thank you!
Sometimes I'll recommend a product or service for which I receive an affiliate commission. I only recommend things and people I admire.