Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 54:34 — 50.0MB)
Today’s guest is known for his business acumen and ability to resolve complex human relations issues. He understands the importance of dynamic leadership and devotes his time to teaching those skills to others.
Author of “Raise Your Visibility & Value: Uncover the Lost Art of Connecting on the Job,” he has worked with many top brands like Johnson & Johnson, Keurig, and Blue Cross Blue Shield to help their leaders bring strategic plans to life.
He is the founder and president at Excellius Leadership Development, an organization focused on coaching mid-to senior-level leaders and their teams. With extensive experience in innovative leadership and management, he possesses the ability to build awareness, create action, and deliver results.
Please join me in welcoming Ed Evarts.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on iTunes? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
On the Schmooze is on C-Suite Radio.
Listen to our show and many other great
business podcasts at C-SuiteRadio.com.
In this episode, we discuss:
- his thoughts on leadership: “A great leader is someone who, whether you like them or not, or agree with them or not, is someone you can trust and believe is accurate.”
- how he uses the Boston marathon as an analogy for great leadership.
- how his work as a leadership coach led him to train peer leaders to be successful.
- how being laid off catapulted him to his successful coaching business.
- his ways of engaging with the people in his network.
- his belief around being available for people as much as possible.
What were the key takeaways you plan to put into practice this week and benefit from for years to come? Share your thoughts in the comments.
- Ed Evarts on LinkedIn and Twitter
- www.excellius.com and Facebook page
- “Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences” by Robbie Samuels
- “Raise Your Visibility & Value: Uncover the Lost Art of Connecting on the Job” by Ed Evarts
- ScheduleOnce makes it easy to schedule meetings without all the usual back and forth messages.
- Learn more about Liz Scully.
- Interested in booking me to speak? Learn about my Art of the Schmooze session on effective and inclusive networking, and the other sessions I offer
- Interested in individual coaching or my Intentional Connections Mastermind? Schedule a 20-minute phone chat to discuss working together
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to my website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive and show notes for recent episodes
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on iTunes helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using iTunes? 10 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review on iTunes. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”