Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 53:44 — 49.2MB)
Today’s guest is an industry leader in building and managing personalized, invitation-only communities for world-class executives, entrepreneurs, and professionals.
He is CEO of The Community Company, an organization that builds community-driven programs for global brands and media companies, founder of Young Entrepreneur Council, an invitation-only organization comprised of the world’s most successful young entrepreneurs and founder of Forbes Councils, a collective of invitation-only organizations for top-notch executives.
He is also an internationally syndicated columnist, author of “Never Get a ‘Real’ Job” and co-author of “Superconnector: Stop Networking and Start Building Business Relationships that Matter.”
Please join me in welcoming Scott Gerber.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on iTunes? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode, we discuss:
- his thoughts on leadership: “Leadership and partnership go hand in hand. Good leaders know how to lead by consensus because they have put together a team of smart people who deserve to be heard.
- how he has been active in leadership roles from an early age, and how those roles shaped him into the leader he is today.
- his experience with business failure and how it was one of the greatest lessons he’s ever learned.
- his view of the cross-section of humanity and technology and how he uses technology to enhance relationships.
- his thoughts on generational differences in his business model.
- how he was able to identify and then work with his weaknesses to create a successful business.
- Scott Gerber on LinkedIn and Twitter
- “Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences” by Robbie Samuels
- “Superconnector: Stop Networking and Start Building Business Relationships that Matter” by Scott Gerber and Ryan Paugh
- “Never Get a ‘Real’ Job: How to Dump Your Boss, Build a Business and Not Go Broke” by Scott Gerber
- ScheduleOnce makes it easy to schedule meetings without all the usual back and forth messages.
- Listen to my interview with Dorie Clark.
- Learn more about Jason Nazar.
- Learn more about Jayson Gaignard.
- Interested in booking me to speak? Learn about my Art of the Schmooze session on effective and inclusive networking, and the other sessions I offer
- Interested in individual coaching or my Intentional Connections Mastermind? Schedule a 20-minute phone chat to discuss working together
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to my website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive and show notes for recent episodes
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on iTunes helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using iTunes? 10 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review on iTunes. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”