Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 47:58 — 44.0MB)
Today’s guest is widely respected and recognized for her amazing ability to build bridges and create cross-cultural and inter-racial social networks and connections.
President and CEO of one of Boston’s premier public relations and marketing communication firms, she is a tireless social entrepreneur, connector, advocate, civic leader, and champion for the development of women and people of color.
In 2000 and 2006 she published Kaleidoscope, Boston’s first and only comprehensive multicultural resource directory. Both editions were hailed as the “ultimate networking tool for people often left out of the network.”
She is an active civic leader, serving on several boards, and in 2008 she launched Get Konnected, a bi-monthly cross-generational and cross-cultural professional and social networking event, which is another first in Boston.
Named one of Boston’s 40 Most Fabulous People, one of Boston’s 100 Most Powerful Women and many other accolades,
Please join me in welcoming Colette Phillips
Would you leave an honest rating and review on iTunes? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode, we discuss:
- her view on leadership: “Leadership is about having an inspiring vision and a zest for change.”
- her 3 C’s of leadership: courage, conviction, and commitment.
- how she saw a need and created Get Konnected!, a bi-monthly networking event for professionals, business executives, and entrepreneurs from various cultures.
- how her experience as the first woman of color in Boston to create a PR firm taught her business tips that she follows still today.
- her belief that you have to have a diverse workforce if you want to create a profitable and successful business.
- how she separates her bi-monthly events for networking and her interpersonal relationships by initiating intimate connections with her closest connections.
- Colette Phillips on LinkedIn and Twitter
- www.cpcglobal.com and on Twitter
- www.GetKonnected.com and on Twitter
- “Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences” by Robbie Samuels
- ScheduleOnce makes it easy to schedule meetings without all the usual back and forth messages.
- Learn more about Dr. Deb Washington
- Learn more about Jane Edmonds
- Interested in booking me to speak? Learn about my Art of the Schmooze session on effective and inclusive networking, and the other sessions I offer
- Interested in individual coaching or my Intentional Connections Mastermind? Schedule a 20-minute phone chat to discuss working together
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to my website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive and show notes for recent episodes
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on iTunes helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using iTunes? 10 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review on iTunes. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”