Today’s guest is a globally recognized expert on executive presence and communicative leadership.
During her first career as an award-winning broadcast journalist, she interviewed top influencers and developed a keen interest in discovering the qualities of successful leaders. She channeled that energy to bring together a team that today is at the forefront of innovation in executive and leadership development.
Her firm is distinguished for its ground breaking research and model of executive presence, which global organizations use to help leaders make a bigger impact.
She is the author of several books, including her bestselling business book “Speak Like a CEO: Secrets for Commanding Attention and Getting Results.” She is the past president of the New England Chapter of the National Speakers Association and a Certified Speaking Professional, a professional designation held by fewer than 12 percent of speakers worldwide.
Please join me in welcoming Suzanne Bates.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on iTunes? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is rallying people to achieve a vision.”
- how her leadership skills began with admiration of her dad and his ability to lead as a community leader, especially during hard times.
- how she learned it was time to leave journalism and how she found the courage to start her own career.
- her belief that people are only capable of growing to the place they believe they can be, and how she helps people go from where they are to where they believe they can be.
- her first experience teaching a class in person, after twenty years behind a camera, and how she learned to challenge herself to grow.
- how she has learned her own biorhythm and has learned to utilize it to shape how she spends her personal and professional time.
- Suzanne Bates on LinkedIn and Twitter
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences” by Robbie Samuels
- “Discover Your CEO Brand: Secrets to Embracing and Maximizing Your Unique Value as a Leader” by Suzanne Bates
- “All the Leader You Can Be: The Science of Achieving Extraordinary Executive Presence” by Suzanne Bates
- “Speak Like a CEO: Secrets for Commanding Attention and Getting Results” by Suzanne Bates
- “Motivate Like a CEO: Communicate Your Strategic Vision and Inspire People to Act!” by Suzanne Bates
- Listen to my interview with Dorie Clark.
- Interested in booking Robbie to speak? Learn about his signature Art of the Schmooze session on effective and inclusive networking, and the other sessions he offers.
- Thinking of hosting a podcast? Writing a book? Want to launch an Amazon bestseller? Robbie offered several free Masterclasses on these topics. Each one of these Masterclass replays is over an hour-long and contain valuable takeaways to help you grow your business or in your career. Find all the free Masterclasses at www.robbiesamuels.com/masterclass.
- Looking to get M.O.R.E.? A few times a year Robbie runs The M.O.R.E. Program for Entrepreneurial Women. He meets bi-weekly online with four women who want more Money, Opportunities, Referrals, and Engagement. It’s a mix of mastermind hot seats, content-rich masterclass sessions, and one-on-one sessions scheduled over 90 days. The next cohort begins in the fall of 2018. Learn more and schedule a complimentary strategy session with Robbie at www.robbiesamuels.com/more-program.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to this website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive and show notes for recent episodes
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on iTunes helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using iTunes? 10 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review on iTunes. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.