Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 46:29 — 65.3MB)
Today’s guest is a communications strategist and international consultant on a mission to help people create quality communications. As a presentation/pitch coach and media training expert, she has helped hundreds of clients prepare for high-stakes communications including TED and TEDx talks, keynotes, fundraising pitches, commencement speeches, job interviews and appearances on TV and at public events.
She knows a thing or two about presenting, having spoken to more than a half million people worldwide and to hundreds of organizations including National Geographic, Cisco, Fortune 500 Forum, Intel, Nationwide, and NASA.
She is the author of several books which have been endorsed by dozens of thought leaders including Stephen Covey, Dan Pink, Tony Robbins, Keith Ferrazzi, Ken Blanchard, and Marshall Goldsmith. One of her books, “Got Your Attention?” became a Washington Post bestseller. Her latest book is “Someday Is Not a Day in the Week: 10 Hacks to Make the Rest of Your Life the Best of Your Life.”
She is the Founder and CEO of the Intrigue Agency where she helps people create respectful, collaborative, compelling, one-of-a-kind communications and projects that scale their income and positive influence – for good.
Please join me in welcoming Sam Horn.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is the ability to influence others to act.”
- how an experience in high school was the first time she understood her ability to lead.
- her advice on having great conversation, including the encouragement to not go for the lowest fruit.
- the importance she places on approaching all conversation with curiosity.
- how she transforms pitches by asking three “do you know?” questions, and how she helps others do the same.
- three steps to asking others for endorsements respectfully.
- her goals for having deep and meaningful conversation around the world through her Someday Salon’s.
- Sam Horn on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Someday In Not a Day in the Week: 10 Hacks to Make the Rest of Your Life the Best of Your Life” by Sam Horn (preorder)
- “IDEApreneur: Monetize Your Mind” by Sam Horn
- “What’s Holding You Back?: 30 Days to Having the Courage and Confidence to Do What You Want, Meet Whom You Want, and Go Where You Want” by Sam Horn
- “Got Your Attention?: How to Create Intrigue and Connect with Anyone” by Sam Horn
- “The Third Door: The Wild Quest to Uncover How the World's Most Successful People Launched Their Careers” by Alex Banayan
- “Think and Grow Rich” by Napolean Hill
- “The Go-Giver: A Little Story About a Powerful Business Idea” by Bob Burg
- Learn more about how to communicate like Bill Clinton.
- Learn more about Kathleen Callender.
- Learn more about Waldo Waldman.
- Learn more about Jack Canfield.
- Listen to my interview with Seth Godin.
- Learn more about Tony Robbins.
- Learn more about Dan Pink.
- Listen to my interview with Neen James.
Interested in booking Robbie to speak? Learn about his signature Art of the Schmooze session on strategic, effective and inclusive networking, and the other sessions he offers.
Thinking of hosting a podcast? Writing a book? Want to launch an Amazon bestseller? Ready to make the most of your next conference experience? Robbie offers several free Masterclasses on these topics. Each one of these Masterclass replays is over an hour-long and contain valuable takeaways to help you grow your business or in your career. Find all the free Masterclasses at www.robbiesamuels.com/masterclass.
Are you ready to create a Relationship-Based Business Plan that will help you achieve greater impact (and income)? The next cohort for The M.O.R.E. Program for Entrepreneurial Women begins in Spring 2019.
- You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you're running out of time.
- The reason options are overwhelming is that you're looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when — to make the most of your time — you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
- Why? Because you know it's true that if you try to do everything, you will accomplish nothing. Which means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
- How? This program will help you find the clarity to determine what is the right next step for your business. A book? A podcast? An online course? Masterminds? Speaking on bigger stages?
- Together we will design a 12-month Relationship-Based Business Plan that will allow you to stack your successes to create momentum and leverage your limited time.
- Read about this program and then schedule a complimentary 60-minute session to see if it's a good fit. www.robbiesamuels.com/more
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to this website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive and show notes for recent episodes
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using Apple Podcasts? 5 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.