Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 46:06 — 43.7MB)
Today’s guest believes fun at work is finding an easier, simpler, or smarter way to spend more time doing what you are brilliant at and less time making business happen.
She has over twenty years of B2B marketing experience in software and for small businesses. She was the second UK hire and marketer on the team who launched Xero in the UK.
She is the co-founder of the Small Business Finance School, is the author of two books, and now is the co-founder of Statzy, a mobile app that brings key social media, marketing, sales, and accounting stats together in one place from all of the business apps and software you are already using.
Please join me in welcoming Lucy Whittington.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is about being a thought leader. It’s being yourself, being clear about your values and what you believe in, and people choosing to follow you.”
- how she used to view manager and leader as the same thing and how her views have shifted over time.
- how she was able to flip her mental script and hire people who were attracted to her message and wanted to work for her.
- her biggest challenge of gaining self-confidence and learning to trust herself.
- how she handles networking with curiosity as she continues to grow.
- her method for attending conferences and networking events by aiming to “be the speaker” and meet as many people as possible.
- Lucy Whittington on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Lucy’s Facebook Group: Vital Statistics
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Find Your Thing: How to Discover What You Do Best, Own It, and Get Known For It” by Lucy Whittington
- “Hotel Success Handbook – Practical Sales and Marketing Ideas, Actions, and Tips to Get Results for Your Small Hotel, B&B, or Guest Accommodation” by Caroline Cooper and Lucy Whittington
Interested in booking Robbie to speak? Learn about his signature Art of the Schmooze session on strategic, effective and inclusive networking, and the other sessions he offers.
Thinking of hosting a podcast? Writing a book? Want to launch an Amazon bestseller? Ready to make the most of your next conference experience? Robbie offers several free Masterclasses on these topics. Each one of these Masterclass replays is over an hour-long and contain valuable takeaways to help you grow your business or in your career. Find all the free Masterclasses at www.robbiesamuels.com/masterclass.
Are you ready to create a Relationship-Based Business Plan that will help you achieve greater impact (and income)? The next cohort for The M.O.R.E. Program for Entrepreneurial Women begins in Spring 2019.
- You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you're running out of time.
- The reason options are overwhelming is that you're looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when — to make the most of your time — you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
- Why? Because you know it's true that if you try to do everything, you will accomplish nothing. Which means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
- How? This program will help you find the clarity to determine what is the right next step for your business. A book? A podcast? An online course? Masterminds? Speaking on bigger stages?
- Together we will design a 12-month Relationship-Based Business Plan that will allow you to stack your successes to create momentum and leverage your limited time.
- Read about this program and then schedule a complimentary 60-minute session to see if it's a good fit. www.robbiesamuels.com/more
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to this website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive and show notes for recent episodes
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using Apple Podcasts? 5 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.