Today’s guest, like many ambitious women today, pushed herself to the limit and happily wore the busy badge of honor for decades.
Her suicide attempt as a young adult ignited a passion for personal development which led to her owning a nutrition business. Yet, while she made sure other women were taking care of themselves, stress, anxiety, worry, and fatigue were her constant companions.
She sold her business and took a year-long sabbatical that she calls her “Year of No” and learned how to unwind from over-busy habits and determine why she was pushing herself at a great cost to her own well-being.
She then interviewed other ambitious women about busyness addiction and leadership which led to creating Alchemy of Feminine Leadership™, a framework that redefines ambition and success for lasting and sustainable impact without burnout – teaching women how to prioritize self for a deep enduring contribution to self and to society.
Please join me in welcoming Suzy Carroll.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “To me, leadership is about fostering the full potential of others, which also means fostering your own full potential first.”
- how being raised by a narcissistic mother shaped her belief that she was “not enough.”
- her transformation from being a people pleaser into a self-pleaser first.
- the lessons Suzy learned during her sabbatical “year of no.”
- how she helps women reduce overwhelm in their lives and step into their worth.
- her methods for connecting to others, continuing to keep connections strong, and join people together for a common goal.
- Suzy Carroll on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- “Three Powerful Strategies to Expand your Capacity, Increase your Impact and Lead with Confidence.”
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Transitions: Making Sense of Life’s Changes” by William Bridges
- Learn more about Bill Gates.
- Listen to my interview with Dorie Clark.
- Learn more about Suzy’s course, The Alchemy of Feminine Leadership.
Thinking of hosting a podcast? Writing a book? Want to launch an Amazon bestseller? Ready to make the most of your next conference experience? Robbie offers several free Masterclasses on these topics. Each one of these Masterclass replays is over an hour-long and contain valuable takeaways to help you grow your business or in your career. Find all the free Masterclasses at www.robbiesamuels.com/masterclass.
Are you ready to create a Relationship-Based Business Plan that will help you achieve greater impact (and income)? The next cohort for The M.O.R.E. Program for Entrepreneurial Women begins in Spring 2019.
- You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you're running out of time.
- The reason options are overwhelming is that you're looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when — to make the most of your time — you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
- Why? Because you know it's true that if you try to do everything, you will accomplish nothing. Which means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
- How? This program will help you find the clarity to determine what is the right next step for your business. A book? A podcast? An online course? Masterminds? Speaking on bigger stages?
- Together we will design a 12-month Relationship-Based Business Plan that will allow you to stack your successes to create momentum and leverage your limited time.
- Read about this program and then schedule a complimentary 60-minute session to see if it's a good fit. www.robbiesamuels.com/more
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to this website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive and show notes for recent episodes
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using Apple Podcasts? 5 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.