Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 46:58 — 44.6MB)
Today’s guest helps global leaders enhance their ability to adapt, contribute, collaborate, and grow.
A former Financial Times executive, she started out her career working on strategy as a management consultant and as an assistant to Dr. Henry Kissinger at Kissinger Associates in New York.
She is an adjunct professor at Columbia Business School Executive MBA Global Asia and the author of “Future Proof: Reinventing Work in an Age of Acceleration.”
After a diverse global business career spanning over two decades and four continents, her priority now is to help others re-imagine a productive, profitable and exciting future of work for themselves and their companies via teaching, writing and consulting.
Please join me in welcoming Diana Wu David.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is about stepping up and helping people unlock their potential and accelerate their dreams.”
- how her leadership journey started when she became a hall director in college.
- her desire for identifying people’s special talents and helping unleash them for the good of the company.
- how most of her amazing positions have been the result of a productive accident.
- how storytelling and active listening have helped her grow in each business endeavor.
- her method for networking that involves connecting with others who share similar values and interests.
- Diana Wu David on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Future Proof: Reinventing Work in the Age of Acceleration” by Diana Wu David
- “Outliers: The Story of Success” by Malcolm Gladwell
- Learn more about Kristie Lu Stout.
- Learn more about the Asia Society.
Interested in booking Robbie to speak? Learn about his signature Art of the Schmooze session on strategic, effective and inclusive networking, and the other sessions he offers.
Thinking of hosting a podcast? Writing a book? Want to launch an Amazon bestseller? Ready to make the most of your next conference experience? Robbie offers several free Masterclasses on these topics. Each one of these Masterclass replays is over an hour-long and contain valuable takeaways to help you grow your business or in your career. Find all the free Masterclasses at www.robbiesamuels.com/masterclass.
Are you ready to create a Relationship-Based Business Plan that will help you achieve greater impact (and income)? The next cohort for The M.O.R.E. Program for Entrepreneurial Women begins in Spring 2019.
- You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you're running out of time.
- The reason options are overwhelming is that you're looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when — to make the most of your time — you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
- Why? Because you know it's true that if you try to do everything, you will accomplish nothing. Which means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
- How? This program will help you find the clarity to determine what is the right next step for your business. A book? A podcast? An online course? Masterminds? Speaking on bigger stages?
- Together we will design a 12-month Relationship-Based Business Plan that will allow you to stack your successes to create momentum and leverage your limited time.
- Read about this program and then schedule a complimentary 60-minute session to see if it's a good fit. www.robbiesamuels.com/more
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to this website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive and show notes for recent episodes
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using Apple Podcasts? 5 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.