I have a special treat for you this week. This will be the first time I’ve had someone back on the show and it’s for a very good reason. My guest is a people expert who inspires organizations and individuals to build real relationships and get real results.
Named one of Forbes Top 25 Networking Experts, she is the author of several books including “The Connectors Advantage: 7 Mindsets to Grow Your Influence and Impact,” which was just released a couple of months ago.
For this book, she interviewed over two dozen networking experts, including Marshall Goldsmith, Dorie Clark, Ivan Misner, Susan RoAnn, and yours truly. I feel quite fortunate to be mentioned with this esteemed group – many of whom I’ve interviewed.
Connectors think and act a certain way that makes things happen faster, easier, and often with a better result. If you feel like your networking is not translating into results or everyone else seems to be getting ahead even though you are just as smart – then you’ll appreciate the great advice from these connectors.
Please join me in welcoming back Michelle Tillis Lederman.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her new book about connectors, called “The Connector’s Advantage.”
- how being a connector is on a spectrum that spans from emerging connectors to global super connectors.
- abundance and scarcity mindsets and why it is important to come from a place of abundance, but also why it is important to not beat yourself up when you experience a moment of scarcity thinking.
- her method for adding extra opportunity to connect with people by identifying “underutilized time” and using that to call or spend time with other people.
- the right way to ask for favors.
- how to be an inclusive connector.
- Michelle Tillis Lederman on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences” by Robbie Samuels
- “The Connector’s Advantage: 7 Mindsets to Grow Your Influence and Impact” by Michelle Tillis Lederman
- “The 11 Laws of Likability: Relationship Networking … Because People Do Business with People They Like” by Michelle Tillis Lederman
- “Nail the Interview, Land the Job: A Step-by-Step Guide for What to Do Before, During, and After the Interview” by Michelle Tillis Lederman
- “Heroes Get Hired: How to Use Your Military Experience to Master the Interview” by Michelle Tillis Lederman
- Listen to my interview with Andy Lopata.
- Listen to my interview with Dorie Clark.
- Learn more about Marshall Goldsmith.
- Listen to my interview with Dr. Ivan Misner.
- Listen to my interview with Susan RoAne.
- Listen to my interview with Chad Littlefield.
- Listen to my interview with Denise Brosseau.
- Listen to my interview with Darrah Brustein.
- Listen to my interview with John Corcoran.
- Listen to my interview with Jordan Harbinger.
- Listen to my interview with Michael Lee Stallard.
- Listen to my interview with Sarah Granger.
Robbie Samuels is a keynote speaker and relationship-based business strategist who has been recognized as a “networking expert” by both Inc. and Lifehacker. He is the author of the best-selling business book Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences and has been profiled in the Harvard Business Review, Forbes, and Fast Company. His clients include associations and corporations including Marriott, AmeriCorps, Hostelling International, and General Assembly.
He has been featured in several books including Stand Out: How to Find Your Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following Around It by Dorie Clark and The Connector’s Advantage: 7 Mindsets to Grow Your Influence and Impact by Michelle Tillis Lederman. He has guest lectured at many leading educational institutions including Harvard University, Cornell University, Brandeis University, and Northeastern University. Robbie is the host of On the Schmooze podcast which features his networking strategies and talented professionals sharing untold stories of leadership and networking.
Interested in booking Robbie to speak? At www.robbiesamuels.com/speaking you'll find video clips and a description of his signature session, Art of the Schmooze.
Relationship-Based Business Strategist
Are you ready to create a Relationship-Based Business Plan that will help you achieve greater impact (and income)? The next cohort for The M.O.R.E. Program for Entrepreneurial Women begins in Spring 2019.
- You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you're running out of time.
- The reason options are overwhelming is that you're looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when — to make the most of your time — you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
- Why? Because you know it's true that if you try to do everything, you will accomplish nothing. Which means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
- How? This program will help you find the clarity to determine what is the right next step for your business. A book? A podcast? An online course? Masterminds? Speaking on bigger stages?
- Together we will design a 12-month Relationship-Based Business Plan that will allow you to stack your successes to create momentum and leverage your limited time.
- Read about this program and then schedule a complimentary 60-minute session to see if it's a good fit. www.robbiesamuels.com/more
Robbie believes that networking is a marketing strategy and coaches entrepreneurs (of any gender) to grow to the next level through relationship-based business strategies and hands-on support. Interested to learn more? Send Robbie an email.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to his website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using Apple Podcasts? 5 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.