Today’s guest believes we are all connected and can achieve more significant results when we learn how to build relationships with all people, regardless of their packaging.
She is a diversity and inclusion strategist who specializes in helping organizations make diversity and inclusion a competitive advantage. She is the author of two books and was included among the top 100 Global Thought Leaders on Diversity and Inclusion by The Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM)
She is a past president of the Global Speakers Federation and was recently inducted into the Speaker Hall of Fame.
She has presented to audiences on six continents and in thirty-seven countries, plus in the middle of the Atlantic and Pacific oceans.
Please join me in welcoming Lenora Billings-Harris.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “True leaders have a vision with clarity of outcomes. They inspire others by the way they carry themselves and have the ability to direct, guide, and listen.”
- how her leadership skills first showed up in elementary school when other students would go to her when something needed to be taken to a teacher or the principal.
- how her grandparents and her dad helped develop her leadership skills.
- the most rewarding part of her work today, when she sees people globally realizing that peace is the way.
- her methods for helping businesses create a culture of inclusion and diversity.
- the significance of her trips to Africa, and how that love started when she was in third grade.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “The Diversity Advantage: A Guide to Making Diversity Work” by Lenora Billings-Harris
- “Trailblazers: How Top Business Leaders are Accelerating Results through Inclusion and Diversity” by Redia Anderson and Lenora Billings-Harris
- “Good Enough Now: How Doing the Best We Can With What We Have is Better Than Nothing” by Jessica Pettitt.
- Listen to my interview with Jessica Pettitt.
- Learn more about the National Speakers Association (NSA).
- Learn more about the Global Speakers Federation.
Robbie Samuels is a keynote speaker and relationship-based business strategist who has been recognized as a “networking expert” by both Inc. and Lifehacker. He is the author of the best-selling business book Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences and has been profiled in the Harvard Business Review, Forbes, and Fast Company. His clients include associations and corporations including Marriott, AmeriCorps, Hostelling International, and General Assembly.
He has been featured in several books including Stand Out: How to Find Your Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following Around It by Dorie Clark and The Connector’s Advantage: 7 Mindsets to Grow Your Influence and Impact by Michelle Tillis Lederman. He has guest lectured at many leading educational institutions including Harvard University, Cornell University, Brandeis University, and Northeastern University. Robbie is the host of On the Schmooze podcast which features his networking strategies and talented professionals sharing untold stories of leadership and networking.
Interested in booking Robbie to speak? At www.robbiesamuels.com/speaking you'll find video clips and a description of his signature session, Art of the Schmooze.
Relationship-Based Business Strategist
Are you ready to create a Relationship-Based Business Plan that will help you achieve greater impact (and income)? The next cohort for The M.O.R.E. Program for Entrepreneurial Women begins in Spring 2019.
- You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you're running out of time.
- The reason options are overwhelming is that you're looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when — to make the most of your time — you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
- Why? Because you know it's true that if you try to do everything, you will accomplish nothing. Which means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
- How? This program will help you find the clarity to determine what is the right next step for your business. A book? A podcast? An online course? Masterminds? Speaking on bigger stages?
- Together we will design a 12-month Relationship-Based Business Plan that will allow you to stack your successes to create momentum and leverage your limited time.
- Read about this program and then schedule a complimentary 60-minute session to see if it's a good fit. www.robbiesamuels.com/more
Robbie believes that networking is a marketing strategy and coaches entrepreneurs (of any gender) to grow to the next level through relationship-based business strategies and hands-on support. Interested to learn more? Send Robbie an email.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to his website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using Apple Podcasts? 5 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.