Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 48:44 — 46.5MB)
Today’s guest has comedy, storytelling, and strategy in her DNA.
When she was eight years old, her first oral presentation was about Harold Lloyd, Hollywood’s premier comic stuntman and director of the silent film era. Even better, she admits that she mimed and her comedy and storytelling nerd superpowers were visible from space.
She is a keynote speaker, strategist, comedian, and author of several books including, “Stop Boring Me! How to Create Kick-Ass Marketing Content, Products and Ideas through the Power of Improv.” She is the founder of Keeping it Human, Inc.
Believing we are all wired for creativity, she is passionate about helping teams, leaders, and brands tell human stories, banishes boring marketing, develops great culture, and unleash their creativity for big ideas and results.
Please join me in welcoming Kathy Klotz-Guest.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is the ability to evolve your own thinking, whether you have a team or not. I think there is a self-management aspect of it.”
- how business storytelling and comedy are alike.
- her experience with being selected for the debate team in high school and having a mom to advocate for her leadership capabilities.
- when she decided to leave for the corporate world to pursue comedy.
- how she gained referrals to help get rid of any blind spots she had in her business.
- her love of networking and how she leans into serendipitous meetings at networking events.
- Kathy Klotz-Guest on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Stop Boring Me!: How to Create Kick-Ass Marketing Content, Products and Ideas Through the Power of Improv” by Kathy Klotz-Guest
- “The Marketing Executive’s Bedtime Guide to Better Content and Storytelling with Humor” by Kathy Klotz-Guest
- “An Executive’s Bedtime Guide to Customer Storytelling: How to Craft a More Human Success Story” by Kathy Klotz-Guest
- Learn more about John Oliver.
Robbie Samuels is a keynote speaker and relationship-based business strategist who has been recognized as a “networking expert” by both Inc. and Lifehacker. He works with associations to increase retention, engagement, and member value by creating more welcoming and inclusive conference experiences.
He is the author of the best-selling business book Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences and has been profiled in the Harvard Business Review, Forbes, and Fast Company. His clients include associations and corporations including Marriott, AmeriCorps, Hostelling International, and General Assembly.
He has been featured in several books including Stand Out: How to Find Your Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following Around It by Dorie Clark and The Connector’s Advantage: 7 Mindsets to Grow Your Influence and Impact by Michelle Tillis Lederman. He has guest lectured at many leading educational institutions including Harvard University, Brown University, Cornell University, Brandeis University, and Northeastern University. Robbie is the host of On the Schmooze podcast which features his networking strategies and talented professionals sharing untold stories of leadership and networking.
Interested in booking Robbie to speak? At www.robbiesamuels.com/speaking you'll find video clips and a description of his signature session, Art of the Schmooze.
Relationship-Based Business Strategist
Are you ready to create a Relationship-Based Business Plan that will help you achieve greater impact (and income)?
- You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you're running out of time.
- The reason options are overwhelming is that you're looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when — to make the most of your time — you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
- Why? Because you know it's true that if you try to do everything, you will accomplish nothing. Which means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
- How? This program will help you find the clarity to determine what is the right next step for your business. A book? A podcast? An online course? Masterminds? Speaking on bigger stages?
- Together we will design a 12-month Relationship-Based Business Plan that will allow you to stack your successes to create momentum and leverage your limited time.
- Read about this program and then schedule a complimentary 60-minute session to see if it's a good fit. www.robbiesamuels.com/more
Robbie believes that networking is a marketing strategy and coaches entrepreneurs (of any gender) to grow to the next level through relationship-based business strategies and hands-on support. Interested to learn more? Send Robbie an email.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to his website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using Apple Podcasts? 5 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.