Today’s guest not only survived “The Miracle on the Hudson” plane crash but was the last person off the back of the plane that day because he was making sure others made it out safely. After surviving the US Airways Flight 1549 crash in 2009, he began to realize that the moments that made up his life prepared him for what was about to happen.
According to him, all of the lessons and strategies he learned in his life were instrumental during the incident and in the days following. He started to realize that one can actually grow from traumatic life experiences and that realization set him on a path to not only share what he learned but also provide practical and implementable strategies to help others survive and thrive after their own “personal plane crash” moments in life.
He is a speaker and trainer, author of “Moments Matter: How One Defining Moment Can Create a Lifetime of Purpose,” and hosts his own show, Voice of Personal Leadership.
Please join me in welcoming Dave Sanderson.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- his thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is influencing others to get their outcome and to also help them impact someone else’s life in a positive way.”
- his first leadership role as a restaurant manager at Howard Johnson, and the person who shared treasured wisdom with him.
- the various work he did and lessons he learned when working in security for Tony Robbins.
- how the biggest hurdle he had to get over for success was finding the belief that he deserved success.
- his goal to reach a million people in the next decade.
- how he organizes his network and uses multiple social media platforms for regular touchpoints.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Moments Matter: How One Defining Moment Can Create a Lifetime of Purpose” by Dave Sanderson
- “Think and Grow Rich” by Napoleon Hill
Robbie Samuels is a keynote speaker and relationship-based business strategist who has been recognized as a “networking expert” by both Inc. and Lifehacker. He helps associations inspire life-long membership by creating welcoming and inclusive first-timer experiences.
He is the author of the best-selling business book Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences and has been profiled in the Harvard Business Review, Forbes, and Fast Company. He writes for Harvard Business Review Ascend. His clients include associations and corporations including Marriott, AmeriCorps, Hostelling International, and General Assembly.
He has been featured in several books including Stand Out: How to Find Your Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following Around It by Dorie Clark and The Connector’s Advantage: 7 Mindsets to Grow Your Influence and Impact by Michelle Tillis Lederman. He has guest lectured at many leading educational institutions including Harvard University, Brown University, Cornell University, Brandeis University, and Northeastern University.
Robbie is the host of the On the Schmooze podcast which features his networking strategies and talented professionals sharing untold stories of leadership and networking.
Interested in booking Robbie to speak? At www.robbiesamuels.com/speaking you'll find video clips and a description of his signature session, Art of the Schmooze.
Call 617-600-8240 to speak directly with Robbie.
Relationship-Based Business Strategist
Are you ready to create a Relationship-Based Business Plan that will help you achieve greater impact (and income)?
- You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you're running out of time.
- The reason options are overwhelming is that you're looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when — to make the most of your time — you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
- Why? Because you know it's true that if you try to do everything, you will accomplish nothing. This means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
- How? This program will help you find the clarity to determine what is the right next step for your business. A book? A podcast? An online course? Masterminds? Speaking on bigger stages?
- Together we will design a 12-month Relationship-Based Business Plan that will allow you to stack your successes to create momentum and leverage your limited time.
- Read about this program and then schedule a complimentary 60-minute session to see if it's a good fit. www.robbiesamuels.com/more
Robbie believes that networking is a marketing strategy and coaches entrepreneurs (of any gender) to grow to the next level through relationship-based business strategies and hands-on support. Interested to learn more? Send Robbie an email.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to his website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using Apple Podcasts? 5 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.