Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 44:48 — 41.1MB)
Today’s guest is a wellness leader who is known as a beacon of authentic happiness.
A two-time cancer survivor, she is passionate about waking people up to the precious gift of time. Her mission is to inspire people to move more and fear less, helping them stretch their dreams, strengthen their courage muscle, and build an inspired life, full of joy and gratitude.
She is a speaker, author, mindset coach, podcast host, and DJ. As a keynote speaker, she inspires people around the globe to stand up for their lives and live profoundly from their hearts. Her work is rooted in the science of positive psychology and she coaches individuals and teams on how to get unstuck to become unstoppable.
She is the author of “The Perfection Detox: Tame Your Inner Critic, Live Bravely and Unleash Your Joy” and host of The Perfection Detox Podcast.
Please join me in welcoming Petra Kolber.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “I define leadership as anyone who can see the potential in others before the other can see it. It is someone who has the skills, methods, heart, and grace to coach others into that potential. It could be anyone.”
- how she spent her time in the fitness world not recognizing her leadership role until she realized people were inspired by her.
- the difference between her childhood near Liverpool, where standing out was discouraged, and how her thoughts about leadership changed when she met her first Americans.
- some of the fitness classes she led and how they impacted others.
- how meeting Dorie Clark shifted her life and where she has gone since then.
- her methods for networking as an introvert, always entering rooms with the desire to give instead of receive.
- Petra Kolber on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “The Perfection Detox: Tame Your Inner Critic, Live Bravely, and Unleash Your Joy” by Petra Kolber
- “The Joy of Movement: How exercise helps us find happiness, hope, connection, and courage” by Kelly McGonigal
- Learn more about Nancy Kerrigan.
- Listen to my interview with Dorie Clark.
- Listen to my interview with Jenny Blake.
- Listen to my interview with Jason VanOrden.
Robbie Samuels is a keynote speaker, TEDx speaker, and relationship-based business strategist who has been recognized as a “networking expert” by Inc., Forbes, Harvard Business Review Ascend and Lifehacker. He helps event organizers and associations inspire life-long membership by creating welcoming and inclusive participant experiences.
He is the author of the best-selling business book Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences and has been profiled in the Harvard Business Review, Forbes, and Fast Company. He writes for Harvard Business Review Ascend. His clients include associations and corporations including Marriott, AmeriCorps, Hostelling International, and General Assembly.
He has been featured in several books including Stand Out: How to Find Your Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following Around It by Dorie Clark and The Connector’s Advantage: 7 Mindsets to Grow Your Influence and Impact by Michelle Tillis Lederman. He has guest lectured at many leading educational institutions including Harvard University, Brown University, Cornell University, Brandeis University, and Northeastern University.
Robbie is the host of On the Schmooze podcast which features his networking strategies and talented professionals sharing untold stories of leadership and networking. Watch his TEDx “Hate networking? Stop bageling and be the croissant!” at www.robbiesamuels.com/TEDx.
Interested in booking Robbie to speak? At www.robbiesamuels.com/speaking you'll find video clips and a description of his signature session, Art of the Schmooze.
Call 617-600-8240 to speak directly with Robbie.
Relationship-Based Business Strategist
Are you ready to create a Relationship-Based Business Plan that will help you achieve greater impact (and income)?
- You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you're running out of time.
- The reason options are overwhelming is that you're looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when — to make the most of your time — you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
- Why? Because you know it's true that if you try to do everything, you will accomplish nothing. This means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
- How? This program will help you find the clarity to determine what is the right next step for your business. A book? A podcast? An online course? Masterminds? Speaking on bigger stages?
- Together we will design a 12-month Relationship-Based Business Plan that will allow you to stack your successes to create momentum and leverage your limited time.
- Read about this program and then schedule a complimentary 60-minute session to see if it's a good fit. www.robbiesamuels.com/more
Robbie believes that networking is a marketing strategy and coaches entrepreneurs (of any gender) to grow to the next level through relationship-based business strategies and hands-on support. Interested to learn more? Send Robbie an email.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to his website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered.
Need help using Apple Podcasts? 5 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.