Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 40:38 — 37.2MB)
Today’s guest is one of the best-connected people in the social good world.
She is a serial connector, angel investor, and corporate responsibility expert. She is the founder and CEO of McPherson Strategies, a communications consultancy focused on the intersection of brands and social impact, providing storytelling, partnership creation, and visibility to corporations, NGOs, and social enterprises.
She has 25+ years of experience in marketing, public relations, and sustainability communications, speaking regularly at industry conferences, and contributing to the Harvard Business Review, Fast Company, and Forbes. She is a Vital Voices global corporate ambassador and has received numerous accolades for her voice on social media platforms from Fortune Magazine, Fast Company, and Elle Magazine.
She is the author of “The Lost Art of Connecting: The Gather, Ask, Do Method for Building Meaningful Relationships” reminding readers that we should connect on a human level and build authentic relationships beyond securing a new job or a new investor for your next big idea.
Please join me in welcoming Susan McPherson.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher?They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “Leaders know your followers work with you and not for you.”
- how she bases her company on compassion and kindness.
- her natural inclination to want to be around people and organizing activities, even as a child.
- her strategy of supporting non-profit organizations to meet people while being socially conscious.
- her experience working for Ted Kennedy’s campaign and realizing she didn’t want to work in the government.
- her first job at USA Today and how much that influenced her current business.
- how she contacted all of her contacts via email when she started her company asking for referrals.
- her advice to entrepreneurs to hire people to do the things they are not good at or love doing.
- what inspired her book and the importance of making connections.
- how she nurtures and sustains the outer layers of her network.
- the joy she gets from showcasing others.
- what she would do if she had an extra five hours a week.
- Susan McPherson on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “The Lost Art of Connecting: The Gather, Ask, Do Method for Building Meaningful Business Relationships” by Susan McPherson
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered. Need help using Apple Podcasts? 5 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
ABOUT ROBBIE: www.robbiesamuels.com/about
READ “Small List, Big Results: Launch a Successful Offer No Matter the Size of Your Email List” – get the book and bonus content at www.SmallListBigResults.com.
SIGN UP for his free weekly #NoMoreBadZoom Virtual Happy Hours – www.NoMoreBadZoom.com
Business Growth Strategy Coach
Robbie helps entrepreneurs, especially entrepreneurial women over 50, engage their network so that they can grow their impact and income while managing their energy and effort.
WHO YOU ARE:
You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you’re running out of time.
The reason options are overwhelming is that you’re looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when to make the most of your time, you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
You know that if you try to do everything, you’ll accomplish nothing. This means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
WAYS ROBBIE OFFERS SUPPORT:
As a relationship-based business growth strategist, Robbie will work with you one-on-one to design a year-long plan that consists of three 12-week sprints, each followed by 4 weeks of reflection/assessment, rejuvenation, learning, and strategic planning. This will allow you to sequence your goals, create momentum, and leverage your limited time.
Have a project that you want feedback on or need assistance with a specific strategy? He offers half-day strategy sessions.
Want accountability, support, and guidance as you implement your strategic plan? Learn more about his year-long mastermind program.
These are not right for everyone; they're personalized offerings and are priced accordingly.
WHAT MIGHT YOU WORK ON?
In his coaching work with entrepreneurs, his clients focus on the areas where they'd like to grow, which may include:
- Creating a strong sales conversation framework
- Building your referral network
- Lead generation through a relationships
- Growing your visibility in your industry
- Increasing your ability to attract the right kind of clients
- Identifying and launching a minimally viable offer
- Breaking through whatever bottleneck is holding you back from getting the results you want and deserve
- Becoming a published author and marketing your book successfully
- Improving your virtual presentation skills
LEARN MORE AND SCHEDULE A CHAT: www.robbiesamuels.com/coaching
Robbie is excited to support you in reaching or exceeding your goals.
Interested in booking Robbie to speak? At www.robbiesamuels.com/speaking you’ll find video clips and a description of his talks.
Watch his TEDx talk “Hate networking? Stop bageling and be the croissant!” at www.robbiesamuels.com/TEDx.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to his website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive – weekly since July 2016!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.