Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 49:51 — 45.7MB)
Today’s guest was forced to figure out how she fits in the world.
She started her second career as a means of survival. Fighting discrimination, harassment, and homelessness she found employment as a part-time associate and then rose to national VP of Diversity and Inclusion in less than 5 years at PNC Bank. She captured this process of career development in her new award-winning book and online course called “Empowering Differences.”
She has worked tirelessly to promote awareness and acceptance of gender identity and expression. She serves on the Corporate Advisory Council for the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce and is the immediate past chair for NGLCC’s global TGX Initiative. In 2019, she was voted on the National Board of Directors for GLAAD.
She speaks locally and nationally about her transition, workplace equality, leadership, change management, and empowerment. She has also been interviewed in several publications and media outlets, including Forbes, Bloomberg Businessweek, The Business Journal, ABC, and CBS.
Please join me in welcoming Ashley T Brundage.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is someone who drives empowerment for people. They understand the APP of empowerment; authority, power, and how that connects to people.”
- the importance of empowering others and yourself.
- how she spent most of her youth hiding.
- her start in the restaurant business to avoid going to college and being seen in the world.
- her losing her job, and house, and how being homeless changed her outlook on life.
- how she came out as trans to her children when they were 5 and 3.
- the journey of trying to find a new job after coming out and how that led to her research in empowerment.
- how she used her own story and connected it to her research while working at PNC Bank.
- her goal to replace her PNC salary by creating a solid exit strategy.
- how she nurtures and sustains the outer levels of her network, including some fantastic LinkedIn tips on growing your network.
- what she’s looking forward to in the next year.
- Ashley T Brundage on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Empowering Differences: Leveraging Your Differences to Impact Change” by Ashley T Brundage
- “My Princess Boy” by Cheryl Kilodavis
- Listen to my episode with Dorie Clark.
Subscribing (or following) and leaving a rating and review wherever you are listening helps this podcast be discovered.
ABOUT ROBBIE: www.robbiesamuels.com/about
Business Growth Strategy Coach
Robbie helps inspiring entrepreneurial women (and a few awesome men) in their 50s and beyond, engage their network so they can grow their impact and income by adding new revenue streams.
WHO YOU ARE:
You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you’re running out of time.
The reason options are overwhelming is that you’re looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when to make the most of your time, you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
You know that if you try to do everything, you’ll accomplish nothing. This means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
WAYS ROBBIE OFFERS SUPPORT:
As a relationship-based business growth strategist, Robbie will work with you one-on-one to design a year-long plan that consists of three 12-week sprints, each followed by 4 weeks of reflection/assessment, rejuvenation, learning, and strategic planning. This will allow you to sequence your goals, create momentum, and leverage your limited time.
Have a project that you want feedback on or need assistance with a specific strategy? He offers half-day strategy sessions.
Already selling but feeling stuck around how to increase your revenue? Sign up for a one-day mastermind with fellow entrepreneurs to break through to the next level.
Ready to dig into your network to validate a solution you’ve been working on to see if you can build an audience for it before launching? Sign up for the 12 Week Idea to Offer Incubator.
Want accountability, support, and guidance as you implement your strategic plan? Learn more about his year-long Wake Up Your Network mastermind program.
These are not right for everyone; they're personalized offerings and are priced accordingly.
WHAT MIGHT YOU WORK ON?
In his coaching work with entrepreneurs, his clients focus on the areas where they'd like to grow, which may include:
- Creating a strong sales conversation framework
- Building your referral network
- Lead generation through a relationships
- Growing your visibility in your industry
- Increasing your ability to attract the right kind of clients
- Identifying and launching a minimally viable offer
- Breaking through whatever bottleneck is holding you back from getting the results you want and deserve
- Becoming a published author and marketing your book successfully
- Improving your virtual presentation skills
LEARN MORE AND SCHEDULE A CHAT: www.robbiesamuels.com/coaching
Robbie is excited to support you in reaching or exceeding your goals.
Interested in booking Robbie to speak? At www.robbiesamuels.com/speaking you’ll find video clips and a description of his talks.
Watch his TEDx talk “Hate networking? Stop bageling and be the croissant!” at www.robbiesamuels.com/TEDx.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to his website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive – weekly since July 2016!
SIGN UP for his free weekly #NoMoreBadZoom Virtual Happy Hours – www.NoMoreBadZoom.com
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.