Today’s guest believes being human is your competitive advantage.
He is a renowned business strategist, global keynote speaker, executive trainer and coach, investor, and Forbes contributor. As President and co-owner of PureMatter, a Silicon Valley global marketing agency and CEO of H2H Companies, he sparked the Human-to-Human H2H global movement that aims to humanize business through simpler communication, empathy, and celebrate our imperfections.
He’s the two-time best-selling author of “There Is No B2B or B2c: It's Human to Human #H2h” and “Shareology: How Sharing is Powering the Human Economy.”
Forbes calls him a “Zen Master to Digital Marketers” and his TED Talk featured a TED first allowing mobile devices during the event to illustrate his belief that even a small inspirational share holds the power to change the world for the better.
Please join me in welcoming Bryan Kramer.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- His thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is helping someone else grow. It’s not about yourself, it’s about others. If you’re not growing someone else, you’re not a leader. Full stop.”
- The influence his parents had on him, including encouraging him to put himself out there whether it was running for office through high school or becoming an eagle scout.
- How he mingled between all the cliques in high school as an ambivert. “I was able to hang out with everyone. I found it really neat to bring people together.”
- Why he doesn’t believe in popular vs. unpopular, people are either connected or not connected.
- Why he wants to surround himself with people who mean something to him, are good, and light him up.
- His experience being a firefighter and the class that turned him towards communications instead of the medical field.
- How an F on a jazz test changed the trajectory of his entire life. “Who knew an F on a paper was going to lead me down this road?”
- His out of college experience of building websites and computer programming and how that led to Bryan building his own agency.
- How he met his partner in both life and business.
- Why he believes marketing changes every 2-3 years.
- Why companies loved the creativity of personalized results and Bryan’s “Human 2 Human concept.”
- Why he maintains so many subscriptions to many different things.
- Why he loves Flipboard and how it helps him see the world the way he wants to see it.
- How a conversation with his 12-year-old son completely rocked his world and prompted him to close his agency.
- How he nurtures and sustains the outer levels of his network.
- What he’s looking forward to in the year ahead.
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Shareology: How Sharing is Powering the Human Economy” by Bryan Kramer
- “There Is No B2B or B2c: It's Human to Human #H2h” by Bryan Kramer
- Learn more about Flipboard.
Subscribing (or following) and leaving a rating and review wherever you are listening helps this podcast be discovered.
Who is Robbie Samuels?
🟧 I'm a multi-passionate entrepreneur. I geek out about community-building, relationship-building, thoughtfully designing space for a conversation, and anything about bringing people together to create connections. I believe quality engagement is about inclusion and belonging.
Depending on what caught your eye about my work, you may be surprised to discover that I do more than you were initially interested in.
What do I do?
🟧 As a business growth strategist, I coach entrepreneurial women in their 50s and beyond who are looking to grow their impact and income through new revenue streams by helping them grow their audience before they launch their product or service.
🟧 As a virtual event design consultant and executive Zoom producer, I help my clients reimagine their in-person events by utilizing all of the opportunities available through digital and analog tools. Rather than replicating the in-person event, we create a powerful virtual experience.
🟧 Before the pandemic, and again as in-person events return, I support organizations designing conferences that create opportunities for participant engagement so they can follow through on their networking intentions.
I've been producing events in one form or another since I was in college in the 90s and providing business growth strategy advice for nearly as long.
⭐ I published two books that have collectively received over 400 Amazon reviews,
⭐ I was invited to do a TEDx on my signature networking technique,
⭐ I have hosted a podcast since 2016,
⭐ when the pandemic shuttered in-person events, I swiftly reinvented myself resulting in a successful multi-six-figure business, and
⭐ my clients include Feeding America, the California WIC Association, and other national and statewide mission-driven organizations.
How can I help you?
Here are some of the ways my clients describe me…
✅ business growth strategy coach
✅ virtual event design consultant & strategist
✅ executive Zoom producer
✅ professional speaker
✅ emcee (virtual and in-person)
✅ podcast host
✅ virtual presentation skills trainer
and I'm likely leaving something out…
Read my back story at www.robbiesamuels.com/about
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to my website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive – weekly since July 2016!
SIGN UP for my free monthly #NoMoreBadZoom Virtual Happy Hours – www.NoMoreBadZoom.com
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.