Today’s guest wants to journey to success without compromise. She is an ambitious woman with big goals and the unrelenting grit that has turned them into reality.
She is a two-time Inc 500 winner, 18 times 2 Comma Club winner, and a retired $100M entrepreneur. She has had to fight through the male-dominated business world and gain an education in finance and business.
She has experienced the highest highs of entrepreneurship and the most dangerous lows, including the stress and anxiety resulting from the destructive hustle culture. She learned the hard way that every decision can change the path of her life and business and that success at the cost of her health and well-being is not true success.
After hitting rock bottom, she discovered a better way to build businesses that prioritize the well-being and impact of women. Through her company, Financially Fearless Women, she now helps others to build a life and business that surpasses their dreams without sacrificing their health and well-being.
Please join me in welcoming Jocelynn Harward.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is responsibility. Having someone say, ‘I will follow you, I choose you as my leader,’ is such a gift.”
- Her childhood nickname, “Bossy Jocey,” – clearly a leader from the very beginning.
- Learning about seniority when she became editor-in-chief of the newspaper and yearbook early in high school. This later turned into a journalism scholarship in college.
- Her favorite part of being a leader – a team.
- Her first business is selling performance car parts online and leveraging her knowledge of Photoshop and HTML to sell those parts.
- Her first business went under because they tried to take on too much, including two completely different business models. She recovered by going back to designing websites and selling decals on eBay.
- Discovering how her customer’s minds worked and how she could sell more products based on their buying habits.
- How she got into global supply chain management and loved what she was doing.
- How she became a nine-figure business owner. YES! 9!!
- How hoverboards changed everything.
- How the pandemic affected everything, starting with her suppliers in China in 2019.
- Taking her responsibility seriously and ensuring people could maintain their employment, their income, and the basics (like toilet paper).
- The unhealthy habits that she developed to cope and how everything fell apart.
Subscribing (or following) and leaving a rating and review wherever you are listening helps this podcast be discovered.
Who is Robbie Samuels?
🟧 I'm an event design consultant and executive Zoom producer, with a passion for creating engaging and unforgettable experiences. With two decades of experience in the meetings and events industry, I have honed my skills in designing and executing events that leave a lasting impression.
🟧 I have published three books to share my expertise. Collectively they have received over 600 Amazon reviews and reached #1 Best Seller in 29 paid categories in the U.S., U.K., Canada, and Australia.
“Break Out of Boredom: Low-Tech Solutions for Highly Engaging Zoom Events” has received widespread acclaim. I am thrilled to help presenters and facilitators bring energy and excitement to their virtual events, and I am constantly seeking new ways to innovate and improve.
The book and bonus content are at www.BreakOutofBoredom.com. Launch Price – $2.99 ebook (reg. $9.99) thru 3/31. The paperback is also available.
🟧 I am passionate about sharing my knowledge and experience with others, and I regularly speak at industry events and offer consulting services to help organizations and speakers achieve success in their own virtual or in-person events. If you're looking for creative solutions and expert guidance for your next event, I would be honored to work with you. Let's make your event one to remember!
► Do you have a podcast or host live interviews? I am looking for opportunities to share my business success story and strategies.
I've been featured in NPR, Forbes, Fast Company, HBR, Lifehacker, and Inc. as a networking expert and expert in virtual event design.
► In 2020, I reinvented my business from zero to a thriving six figures in eight months. My second book, “Small List, Big Results: Launch a Successful Offer No Matter the Size of Your Email List,” answers the question, “Robbie, how did you do that?”
More importantly, this international bestseller shows how YOU can do it too. Get your copy and The Big Results Toolkit bonus content at www.SmallListBigResults.com.
► My first book, “Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences,” bonus content: www.CroissantsvsBagels.com.
WANT TO CHAT? firstname.lastname@example.org | 617-600-8240 | www.robbiesamuels.com
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to my website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive – weekly since July 2016!
SIGN UP for my free monthly #NoMoreBadZoom Virtual Happy Hours – www.NoMoreBadZoom.com
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.