Today’s guest has held a wide array of leadership positions including, presidential campaign spokeswoman, nonprofit executive director, award-winning journalist, documentary filmmaker, and she received a Master of Theological Studies from Harvard Divinity School. And proving that she can do anything she puts her mind to two days before this episode originally aired she became a Grammy-winning jazz producer!
All of these experiences inform her work as a marketing strategy consultant, professional speaker, and frequent contributor to many publications including Harvard Business Review, TIME, and Entrepreneur.
Recognized as a “branding expert” by the Associated Press, Fortune, and Inc. magazine, she is the author of two books “Reinventing You” and “Stand Out.” For “Stand Out” she interviewed 50 of the world’s top experts to understand how they developed powerful ideas and got recognized for them. I’m pleased to share that I was one of the experts she interviewed. Stand Out was named the #1 Leadership Book of 2015 by Inc. magazine and was a Washington Post bestseller.
She consults and speaks for a diverse range of clients, including Google, the World Bank, Ford Foundation, Yale University, and the National Park Service.
She is also an adjunct professor of business administration at Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business and a Visiting Professor for IE Business School in Madrid, Spain.
She was recognized in Forbes as one of “25 Professional Networking Experts to Watch in 2015” and is quoted frequently in the worldwide media, including NPR, the BBC, and MSNBC.
Please join me in welcoming Dorie Clark.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher?They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her definition of leadership: “Being aware that your actions have consequences for other people and therefore not taking them lightly.”
- how being an out gay woman, who is recognized as a business authority, is a form of activism
- how changes in how media was created and consumed required her to keep changing her business focus
- the advice she would tell anyone looking to stand out and build a following
- her strategy of hosting private dinner parties to create networking opportunities
- Dorie Clark on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Dorie Clark's free 42-page Stand Out self-assessment workbook to help professionals develop and share their own breakthrough ideas
Books mentioned in this episode:
- Dorie Clark's books on Amazon – “Stand Out”, “Stand Out Networking”, “Reinventing You” and “Entrepreneurial You”
- Her latest book, “The Long Game” is available on pre-order and will be released on September 21, 2021.
- Dorie Clark's private dinner party networking strategy via “Entrepreneur Magazine”
- Email Marketing Checklist by Pat Flynn of Smart Passive Income
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts helps this podcast be discovered. Need help using Apple Podcasts? 5 Steps to Subscribe, Rate & Review. Thank you!
ABOUT ROBBIE: www.robbiesamuels.com/about
READ his “9 Ways to Network in a Pandemic” – www.robbiesamuels.com/9ways
SIGN UP for his free weekly #NoMoreBadZoom Virtual Happy Hours – www.NoMoreBadZoom.com
Business Growth Strategy Coach
Robbie helps entrepreneurs, especially entrepreneurial women over 50, engage their network so that they can grow their impact and income while managing their energy and effort.
WHO YOU ARE:
You want to have a greater impact and increased income. The problem is that there are so many options for how to build your business that you can feel stuck, overwhelmed, and like you’re running out of time.
The reason options are overwhelming is that you’re looking at them as a series of disconnected steps when to make the most of your time, you need a strategy that connects only the most important and highest impact ones.
You know that if you try to do everything, you’ll accomplish nothing. This means, to achieve your goal, you have to invest in a strategy to put time on your side.
WAYS ROBBIE OFFERS SUPPORT:
As a relationship-based business growth strategist, Robbie will work with you one-on-one to design a year-long plan that consists of three 12-week sprints, each followed by 4 weeks of reflection/assessment, rejuvenation, learning, and strategic planning. This will allow you to sequence your goals, create momentum, and leverage your limited time.
Have a project that you want feedback on or need assistance with a specific strategy? He offers half-day strategy sessions.
Want accountability, support, and guidance as you implement your strategic plan? Learn more about his year-long mastermind program.
These are not right for everyone; they're personalized offerings and are priced accordingly.
WHAT MIGHT YOU WORK ON?
In his coaching work with entrepreneurs, his clients focus on the areas where they'd like to grow, which may include:
- Creating a strong sales conversation framework
- Building your referral network
- Lead generation through a relationships
- Growing your visibility in your industry
- Increasing your ability to attract the right kind of clients
- Identifying and launching a minimally viable offer
- Breaking through whatever bottleneck is holding you back from getting the results you want and deserve
- Becoming a published author and marketing your book successfully
- Improving your virtual presentation skills
LEARN MORE AND SCHEDULE A CHAT: www.robbiesamuels.com/coaching
Robbie is excited to support you in reaching or exceeding your goals.
Interested in booking Robbie to speak? At www.robbiesamuels.com/speaking you’ll find video clips and a description of his talks.
Watch his TEDx talk “Hate networking? Stop bageling and be the croissant!” at www.robbiesamuels.com/TEDx.
- Connect with Robbie on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to his website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive – weekly since July 2016!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.