Today’s guest supports visionary entrepreneurs looking to make the world better than they found it.
She’s a first-generation American and first-born daughter who has been solving problems her entire life. She’s a fixer and can fill many different roles in your business and creates a safe space for her clients to be seen and heard as they are.
She founded Pey Pey the VA, a virtual assistant company, which provides transition support and visibility strategies for those ready to break generational cycles, build wealth, and live the life they’ve always wanted (but didn’t know was an option).
She’s also been my virtual assistant since February 2020 and has had a front-row seat in the rollercoaster of my business over the last three years. I can’t imagine my business without her.
Please join me in welcoming Peya Robbins.
Would you leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast? Or Stitcher? They are extremely helpful and I read each and every one of them. Thanks for the inspiration!
In this episode we discuss:
- her thoughts on leadership: “Leadership is creating through the chaos. The moment you step into your day, and something is going wrong, it’s what you create at that moment that determines the kind of leader you are.”
- “If you’re a first-born daughter, you’re in charge of people.” Peya’s experience growing up as a first-generation American and the responsibility of helping her mom raise her siblings.
- Her dreams of being an immigration lawyer as a kid being inspired by helping her family fill out documents as a young kid.
- Being the mastermind and the person that knows how to get things done and not wanting to be perceived by the world.
- Working so hard to get good grades to get into University because that was the life plan, and then realizing it was not for her.
- The alternate plan after deciding that University was not for her after two years of living at school.
- Creating an alternate plan and getting different retail jobs stumbling on business card design as a side hustle. That side hustle grew to become the full-time plan.
- The gig opened her eyes to see the world in a new way and the possibilities that were available to her.
- How finding out, she was pregnant changed her business operation to a free-for-all of learning new things and trying out new offers and a flurry of sales.
- Her motivation for helping others and why her love language (for giving love) is acts of service.
- Why she works with visionary entrepreneurs and why they hold such a special place in her heart.
- Her experience of being my virtual assistant and her take on the inner workings of my business, including how my third book came to be.
- How she practices networking, and why people shouldn’t live in secret.
- Her big dream for the next year!
Books mentioned in this episode:
- “Break Out of Boredom: Low-Tech Solutions for Highly Engaging Zoom Events” – by Robbie Samuels
- Listen to my episode with Dorie Clark.
- Listen to my episode with Melissa Smith.
- Listen to my episode with Blake Fly.
Subscribing (or following) and leaving a rating and review wherever you are listening helps this podcast be discovered.
Who is Robbie Samuels?
🟧 I'm an event design consultant and executive Zoom producer, with a passion for creating engaging and unforgettable experiences. With two decades of experience in the meetings and events industry, I have honed my skills in designing and executing events that leave a lasting impression.
🟧 I have published three books to share my expertise. Collectively they have received over 600 Amazon reviews and reached #1 Best Seller in 29 paid categories in the U.S., U.K., Canada, and Australia.
“Break Out of Boredom: Low-Tech Solutions for Highly Engaging Zoom Events” has received widespread acclaim. I am thrilled to help presenters and facilitators bring energy and excitement to their virtual events, and I am constantly seeking new ways to innovate and improve.
The book and bonus content are at www.BreakOutofBoredom.com. Launch Price – $2.99 ebook (reg. $9.99) thru 3/31. The paperback is also available.
🟧 I am passionate about sharing my knowledge and experience with others, and I regularly speak at industry events and offer consulting services to help organizations and speakers achieve success in their own virtual or in-person events. If you're looking for creative solutions and expert guidance for your next event, I would be honored to work with you. Let's make your event one to remember!
► Do you have a podcast or host live interviews? I am looking for opportunities to share my business success story and strategies.
I've been featured in NPR, Forbes, Fast Company, HBR, Lifehacker, and Inc. as a networking expert and expert in virtual event design.
► In 2020, I reinvented my business from zero to a thriving six figures in eight months. My second book, “Small List, Big Results: Launch a Successful Offer No Matter the Size of Your Email List,” answers the question, “Robbie, how did you do that?”
More importantly, this international bestseller shows how YOU can do it too. Get your copy and The Big Results Toolkit bonus content at www.SmallListBigResults.com.
► My first book, “Croissants vs. Bagels: Strategic, Effective, and Inclusive Networking at Conferences,” bonus content: www.CroissantsvsBagels.com.
WANT TO CHAT? firstname.lastname@example.org | 617-600-8240 | www.robbiesamuels.com
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- @RobbieSamuels on Twitter and Instagram
- New to my website? Start here
- On the Schmooze podcast archive – weekly since July 2016!
SIGN UP for my free monthly #NoMoreBadZoom Virtual Happy Hours – www.NoMoreBadZoom.com
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links”. This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
This post was exported in one click from Google Docs into WordPress with Wordable.